The Cannon County Sheriff's Department is investigating two recent home burglaries.
Deputy Matthew Parsley responded to 340 Hilltop Lane on Nov. 15 in reference to a theft. Upon arrival he spoke with Kirk Guida who stated he and Gail Wheeler, Christos Van Nathan, and Soraya Van Nathan had left around 7 p.m. and went to the Daily Buffet in Murfreesboro.
Guida stated he came back around 10:30 p.m. to find that several items had been taken from the residence. He said several items were taken from around the house and from a tool shed. He estimated his total loss at around $19,920.
• Sgt. Anthony Young was dispatched to 1333 Pleasant View Road on Nov. 11. Upon arrival he spoke with Tamla Mosley. Mosley stated someone had broken into her house, entering through the back door, and had taken several items.
Sgt. Young observed that the back door looked as if someone had knocked the door open and entered the residence. There were several things in the house that appeared out of order and it appeared as though someone had been looking for things to take.
According to Mosley, among the items taken were A 52-inch LCD flat screen television, several items of jewelry, money, and a weed-eater. Total was of the missing items is estimated at over $4,000.
In other recent CCSD and Woodbury Police Dept. incidents:
• Jeremy W. Duke, 84 Curlee Church Rd., Readyville, was charged with Driving on a Suspended License 4th Offense by WPD Sgt. Kevin Mooneyham on Nov. 14 following a traffic stop on McFerrin St. Bond was set a $500. Initial court date is Nov. 14.
• Linda F. Duke, 491 Duke Road, Morrison, was charged with No Proof of Insurance by CCSD Sgt. Anthony Young on Nov. 9 following a traffic stop on Highway 53S. Initial court date is Jan. 4.
• Barbara Sue Nichols/Moss, 819 South McCrary St., Woodbury, was charged with Disorderly Conduct by WPD Ptl. Lowell Womack on Nov. 10 following an incident at Bryson Court. Bond was set at $500. Initial court date is Dec. 21.
• Rickey Allen Warran, 1258 Stones River Rd., Woodbury, was charged with Simple Possession of Marijuana by CCSD Sgt. Anthony Young. Initial court date is Dec. 21.
• Jason Couch was served a warrant for Violation of Probation by CCSD Sgt. Anthony Young on Nov. 4.
• CCSD Deputy Steve McMillen and WPD Officer John Fesmire served an arrest warrant on Jessica Davis on Nov. 10.