The Cannon County Sheriff’s Department has charged two men with theft following separate investigations.
James L. McPeak, 70 Twin Oaks Dr., Woodbury, was charged with theft over $1,000 on Aug. 25 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Investigator Anthony Young. McPeak allegedly stole a red 1994 Toyota pickup truck valued at approximately $3,000 from James Bishop of Morrison.
Investigator Young said he initially received information there was a stolen vehicle at 1205 Center Hill Road. However, upon investigation, the Toyota truck was found at an address on McMinnville Hwy.
Additional information received in the case led to McPeak being developed as the alleged their.
Bond was set at $5,000. Initial court date is Oct. 4.
The arrest in the other case also took placed on Aug. 25. According to Investigator Young, Lucas Dobson, 1724 Pleasant Ridge Rd., Woodbury, was charged with theft over $10,000 following an investigation.
Items reported stolen included a 1986 GMC pickup, trailers, generators, tools and ladders. Total value of the items was approximately $15,000.
The purported victim, Grady Parker, reported the thefts on Aug. 22. Parker was able to locate and recover some of the items himself, including at an abandoned house on Jones Hollow Road.
Interviews of Parker and other parties led to Dobson being identified as a person of interest and he was subsequently charged.
Bond was set at $10,000. Initial court date is Oct. 4.
In other recent incidents:
• Julie Chambless, 90 Hollow Springs Rd., Woodbury was charged with two counts of aggravated domestic assault on Aug. 29 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Eric Moss. Chambless allegedly went to the residence of Kenny Gooch armed with a knife. Gooch told Chamless to leave, but she entered the residence and began fighting with him. Gooch received several cuts to his body during the altercation. Bond for Chambless was set at $10,000. Initial court date is Nov. 1.
• Michael Shane Greer, 1063 Red Hill Rd., Woodbury, was arrested on a warrant for domestic assault on Aug. 24. The purported victim alleges that Greer grabbed her hair and arm during the incident. Initial court date was set for Sept. 27.
• Kayla Bree Hickey, 372 Circle Hill Dr., McMinnville, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia on Aug. 25 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Brandon Gullett. Hickey allegedly had in her possession a cigarette pack which contained several small, clear plastic baggies along with two straws which were found in another bag. The incident occurred after finding Hickey at a residence (1205 Center Hill Rd.) at which stolen property was located or supposed to be located. Bond was set at $5,000. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Sept. 6.
• Mickey E. Russell, 1704 Charlotte Pike Ste#200, Nashville, was charged with reckless driving, felony evading arrest and driving on a suspended license by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House on May 13. Following his arrest here, Russell was transported to Warren County, where he was facing unrelated charges. He was transported to the Cannon County Jail following his release and the warrants were served on Aug. 29. Russell allegedly tried to elude Sgt. House after he received a signal to bring his vehicle to a stop on McMinnville Highway. Total bond was set at $7,500. Russell was appointed an attorney in Cannon County General Sessions Court on Aug. 30. His next court appearance is set for Sept. 27. Russell also faces charges in Rutherford County.
• Alejandro Perez, 235 Banks Pisjah Road, Smithville, was charged with driving without a license on Aug. 21 by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House following a traffic stop on McMinnville Hwy. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Sept. 20.
• Michael Shane Thomas, 33 Hill Creek Road, Woodbury, was charged with driving without a license and violation of the financial responsibility law on Aug. 18 by Woodbury Police Sgt. Lowell Womack following a traffic stop on Highway 53. Release citations were issued. Initial court date is Sept. 20.
• Jose Emigdio Velasco, 174 Camber Rd., Smithville, was charged with driving without a license on Aug. 20 by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House following a traffic stop on McMinnville Hwy. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Sept. 20.
• Tiffany Carpenter, 7401 Lowe Rd., Murfreesboro, was charged with driving on a suspended license on Aug. 26 by Woodbury Patrolman Chris Brown following a traffic stop on McFerrin St. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Sept. 20.