This year we are reviving an old tradition at Good Ole Days! The outhouses are back! We are having an Outhouse Decorating Contest with cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. First place is $125; 2nd is $75 and 3rd is $50. Judges will look for creativity in decorating. This contest is open to the public...school groups, businesses, families and individuals that would like to participate can come by the Senior Center to pick up an application form. Each team is responsible for the building of their outhouse to specific rules and regulations as follows:
1. Outhouse must be at least 3 sided with a full roof.
2. Outhouse should be 6 ft. at roof peak and 30 inches square.
3. Outhouse must have a toilet seat and toilet paper holder. Toilet paper is of your choosing! (paper, corncobs, magazines, etc)
4. Outhouse must display team name.
5. Creative decorating is expected!
6. There is NO FEE for entering. There will be an opportunity for folks to vote for the People’s Choice Award for $1.00 and a trophy given to the winner of the People’s Choice Award. The money donated will go to the Senior Center. Outhouses will need to be set up on the square by 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 16, 2013. Judging will take place on Friday, May 17th and awards given out on Saturday, May 18 at 5:00 p.m. A team representative should be present for awarded.
Applications available at the Senior Center.