Get ready for a full weekend of MTSU activities and Blue Raider fun.
The second Spring into Middle Alumni Weekend will be held this Friday through Sunday, April 19-21, at venues both on and off campus.
There are activities, many of them free, for alumni, friends and families. For a full list, visit either the Office of Alumni Relations website (http://www.mtalumni.com) or http:tiny url.com/bu2379h. A printable campus map is available online at http://tinyurl.com/MTParkingMap12-13.
People can attend open houses, sporting events, music performances, take tours, use a special pass to utilize the Campus Recreation Center and much more.
“Alumni Weekend allows us to offer a variety of activities drawing alumni and friends of the university back to campus to re-experience MTSU and reacquaint them with events that take place each year,” said Paul Wydra, Alumni Relations assistant director and event coordinator.
• attending a 75th anniversary reunion of Student Government Association past presidents. It will be held from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Friday in the Student Union Building’s third-floor Parliamentarian Room;
• participating in Alumni Night at the Discovery Center at Murfree Spring, which will be held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday at the facility located at 502 S.E. Broad St. in Murfreesboro. RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• partaking in the Alumni Spring Weekend Lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the Kennon Sports Hall of Fame (reservations required and can be made online);
• viewing the aerospace department’s Flight Operations Center (9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday) at Murfreesboro Airport, 1930 Memorial Blvd., and Air Traffic Control Technology and Focus labs (1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday) in the Business and Aerospace Building. RSVP by email to email@example.com;
• seeing the College of Behavioral and Health Science underwater treadmill from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday in Alumni Memorial Gym. (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-898-2417);
• attending the Blue Raider spring football game that starts at 1 p.m. in Floyd Stadium;
• using a 20 percent off coupon to make purchases in Phillips Bookstore 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. (Bookstore coupons and Campus Rec Center passes will be available Friday at the Alumni House on Middle Tennessee Boulevard and at Alumni Spring Weekend registration from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Kennon Hall of Fame near Murphy Center and Floyd Stadium; and
• hearing the Nashville Chamber Singers (3 p.m.), Kayla Allsop’s junior vocal recital (5 p.m.) and the bras chamber ensemble (7 p.m.), which will conclude the weekend’s events Sunday in the Wright Music Building.
For more information, call 615-898-2922.