AGENDA:CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
April 12, 2012
Cannon County Courthouse
Recognize County Spelling Bee Winners
1. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
2. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the March 6, 2012 meeting of the Board
b. Approve Bus Trips #1387, #1402, #1403, #1411, and #1416
c. Approve copier lease for East Side School
d. Approve Textbook Adoptions Committee recommendations
e. Approve Staff Development Committee
f. Approve resolution to transfer funds from one account to another within a series for Food Service, Federal, and General Purpose
g. Approve the 2012 Jr. Lions Football schedule and coaches Randy Farnsworth, John Robinson, Ray Hunt, and Peter Kyne
3. Karen King will address the Board concerning summer projects for East Side School. – 3 minutes
4. Approve architecture firm Smee-Busby for the Ag Pavilion project. – 2 minutes
5. Approve survey proposal for the Ag Pavilion project. – 2 minutes
6. Teddy Taylor to address the Board concerning glass backboards at Veterans Memorial Gym. – 3 minutes
7. Jason Campbell to address the Board concerning the TVA Demand Response Program. – 4 minutes
8. Approval of bonus for non-certified employees. – 2 minutes
9. Director’s Comments. – 3 minutes
a. Financial Report (if available)
10. Chairman’s Comments. – 2 minutes
11. The next Board Meeting Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 6 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 6 PM at the Cannon County Courthouse.
AGENDA: CANNON COUNTY COMMISSION
April 14, 2012 OPEN MEETING
10 A.M., CANNON COUNRY COURTHOUSE
BUDGET COMMITTEE TO MEET AT 9 A.M.
1. Prayer and Pledge. Prayer will be given Reverend Demetrious Nelson from the Auburn Hills Church of Christ. The Pledge to our flag will be led by Christine Barrett USAF ret.
2. Roll call - Bobby Smith
3. Summary of last meetings minutes. - Chair
4. Approval of last meeting minutes.
5. Committee Reports
6. Bruce Steelman will address the board about the USDA grant money for the Farmers Market building site near the Arts Center.
7. Executive Mike Gannon has budget amendments to come before the board.
8. Resolution to rescind the resolution for a sales tax increase.
9. The Chair will entertain a motion to readdress the resolution for the local sales tax increase at the May meeting.
10. A motion to rescind the motion for a referendum for Sunday Beer.
11. The Chair will entertain a motion to allow the sale of beer on Sunday in the county.
12. Hear a report on the use of the old Courier building to be used as a courthouse annex from the Chair.
13. A motion to accept the bid where the money is to be borrowed for the used fire trucks which are to be repaid through the Debt Service Fund.
14. A resolution to amend the County Personnel Policy to discontinue offering health insurance for Cannon County government retirees.
15. A resolution to increase litigation taxes for General Sessions Court in Cannon County, to pay for the increases in compensation for General Sessions’s judges required by the state.
16. A resolution to establish an archives and records management fee in Cannon County to help pay for the lease of the Regions Bank building which will be storing records of the county government.
17. The Chairman of the Election Commission or his Assistant will come before the board with a motion to amend their budget, to move money inside the department.
18. Commissioner Neal would like to address the commissioner dealing with the County Fire Departments.
19. Other Business: