Murfreesboro Young Professionals (MYP) is proud to partner with United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties (UWRCC) to better serve Murfreesboro and surrounding areas.
UWRCC President, Brian Hercules, is excited about the partnership saying, “United Way is privileged to have the opportunity to collaborate with such a dynamic group of young professionals in our community. These individuals are the future community and business leaders, and we are excited to see them understand the value of investing in the quality of life issues early in their careers.”
Additionally, Chassen Haynes, MYP’s Executive Chairman, is delighted that United Way wished to work with MYP and notes how the partnership will benefit both organizations, “Along with networking and professional development, MYP recognizes that an appreciation for community service is a key attribute of a well-rounded professional. Working alongside United Way to mutually promote our missions will allow us to volunteer our time and resources where they are needed most.”
This community partnership between MYP and UWRCC will result in the following:
* a reserved seat for a MYP delegate on the UWRCC Board of Directors as an ex-officio member
* up to three reserved seats for MYP delegates on UWRCC operating committees, including the following:
• Finance Committee
• Communications Committee
• Campaign Committee
• Community Impact Committee
• Community Initiatives Committee
• Policies and Nominations Committee
* UWRCC serving as MYP’s primary philanthropic conduit, including serving as the beneficiary for its two primary fundraisers: MYP Trivia Night and Brewsboro Festival.
* promotion of UWRCC’s mission, opportunities and partner agencies through MYP’s philanthropic endeavors and to MYP’s membership
These organizations partner to mutually promote service to our community including service leadership.
The Murfreesboro Young Professionals is a membership-driven, non-profit organization aimed at creating a unique community for professionals to develop personally, professionally and civically by maximizing their individual and collective potential. MYP is branded with the phrase “Know. Be Known. Contribute.” as it services the three key area of networking, professional development, and philanthropy.
The United Way is a local, comprehensive way to meet growing health and human service needs in Rutherford and Cannon counties. Each United Way is a locally governed nonprofit organization directed by volunteers like you. The United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties operates three of its own programs (2-1-1, Success by 6, and Project PASS) that are focused on early childhood learning and professional education. The United Way is currently partnered with 44 agencies and programs that focus on health and human services.
More information can be found at www.murfreesboroyoungprofessional.org or www.uwrutherford.org