FEMA Reps To Be Working In Cannon County

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles
Faye G. Morse, Director, Cannon County Office of Emergency Management, advises that FEMA will be working in the cities and county for the next several days.

FEMA representatives will be going door to door, talking with citizens concerning any damages they may have incurred between April 30th and May 18th resulting from flooding, straight line winds, tornado, excessive rain, etc.

Reportable damage to personal property, businesses, and local government agencies; this includes dwellings, personal property, driveways, wells, loss of income, churches, business structures, loss of merchandise or sells, etc.


Apply at www.DisasterAssistance.gov e Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)

Help is available in most languages

The nv number is 1-800-462-7585

When you apply we will ask for the following information:

• The address of your damaged home or apartment.

• An address where YOll can get mail. If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent:

your bank account type

account number

routing number

• Names of people living in your household.

• A description of your disaster damages.

• Insurance information.

• Your Social Security Number.

When you apply, you will be given a FEMA application number. Write down your application number and save it for future reference. You will need the application number whenever you contact FEMA.

• A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message.

Insurance is essential in any recovery process. If you've been affected by the disaster, make sure you call your !insurance company and file a claim. Only damages thaJt are not covered by insurance can qualify for FEMA disaster assistance. By law we cannot duplicate benefits.

If you move after applying for assistance, be sure to let FEMA know your new address and telephone number(s).This will ensure that all disaster awards get to you without delay.


Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status.

FEMA's temporary housing assistance and grants for disaster-related medical and dental expenses and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must complete and submit them to SBA to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.

www.fema.gov 1-800-621-3362 or hearing impaired 1-800-462-7585

Read more from:
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: