Farm Service Agency Crop Reporting Requirements

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles
Donny Green, of the Cannon Co. Farm Service Agency, would like to remind local farmers and landowners of the importance of timely crop reporting.

Participation in the following USDA programs requires annual reporting of crops and land use: Marketing Assistance Loans, Loan Deficiency Payments, DCP, CRP (Conservation Reserve Program), Noninsured Assistance Program, SURE, ACRE, and the Livestock Feed Program.

Participation in these programs requires a report of all cropland on a farm even though it may not be used for annually-tilled row crops. Idle land and pasture must also be reported.

The 2011 crop reporting deadlines are:

May 15 – Small Grains (Wheat, Canola, Rye)

May 31—Nursery (Container and Field Grown) for the 2011 Crop Year (begins June 1)

July 1 – Tobacco

July 15 - All other crops (Corn, Soybeans, Hay, Pasture, etc)

Producers who have been prevented from planting, because of a natural disaster, should also consider filing acreage reports and Notice of Prevented Planting.

Prevented Planting does not include land or acreage not planted due to management decisions, land that had a previous or subsequent crop planted that does not meet double-cropping definitions, land where pasture or other forage crops are in place during the time that planting generally occurs, land that was affected by chemical or herbicide residue, land where the producer was unable to find a market for the crop, and other various reasons determined by the County FSA Committee.

Producers must complete form CCC-576, Notice of Loss and Application for Payment Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program. Producers must file a notice of prevented planting within 15 calendar days after the final planting date for the crop.

For additional information, or producers who wish to file their 2011 acreage report, please visit the Cannon County Farm Service Agency service center located at 740 Old McMinnville Road during regular business hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The office staff recommends that you call the office at 563-4321 prior to your visit so that the staff can have maps of your farms ready when you come in.
Read more from:
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: