Cannon Producers Eligible For Physical Loss Loans

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles

Tennessee agricultural producers who lost property due to recent natural disasters may be eligible for U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) physical loss loans.

The Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers these low-interest loans to agricultural producers in Wilson County who incurred losses due to tornadoes that occurred on April 25, 2020. Approval is limited to applicants who suffered severe physical losses only, including the loss of buildings and livestock. Applications are due by Jan. 8, 2021.

"Tennessee's hardworking ag producers feed our neighbors, the nation and the world," said State Executive Director Mike Mayfield. "When they suffer losses because of extreme weather, helping them get back on their feet is important. We encourage those affected to reach out to their local USDA Service Center to apply for these emergency loans."

Producers in the contiguous Tennessee counties of Cannon, Davidson, DeKalb, Rutherford, Smith, Sumner, and Trousdale, are also eligible to apply for emergency loans.

Physical loss loans can help producers repair or replace damaged or destroyed physical property essential to the success of the agricultural operation, including livestock losses. Examples of property commonly affected include essential farm buildings, fixtures to real estate, equipment, livestock, perennial crops, fruit and nut bearing trees, and harvested or stored crops and hay.

For more information on FSA disaster assistance programs, call Donald Green at the Cannon/Dekalb FSA Office at 615-597-8225 ext 2

Read more from:
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: