All Bank of Commerce employees are invited to a reunion planned for 4 p.m. Saturday, June 8 at First Baptist Church's Madden Hall on Main Street in Woodbury.
All former employees (plus a spouse or friend) are encouraged to attend the event with everyone asked to bring a finger food.
Bank of Commerce went into business on July 1, 1941, under the direction of the late Dr. J.F. Adams and operated on the west side of Woodbury's Square until 1954. A new building was built and Bank of Commerce moved to the north side of the Square.
From 1967 to 1986, the bank operated under the direction of Bill Smith, president and CEO.
Steve Smith assumed the role of president and the bank continued operating under the name of Bank of Commerce until the mid-1990s when it was acquired by Union Planters Bank of Memphis, which was later acquired by Regions Bank of Birmingham, AL.
During the 50-plus years of existence as Bank of Commerce, more than 300 employees met the financial needs of Cannon County and the surrounding area. The bank was sponsor and promoter of a number of community activities including Cannon County Good Ole Days, Red Apple Days and Christmas pageant.