Recent arrests made by local law enforcement officers included ones for forgery and for filing false reports.
• Melinda Carol Davenport, 749 Jim Town Rd., Woodbury, was charged with forgery on March 12 by Woodbury Assistant Police Chief Kevin Mooneyham. Davenport went to Piggly Wiggly and allegedly signed the name of her deceased husband to a Social Security check, knowing at the time the check was signed she was not entitled to said check. The check was returned not negotiable, payee deceased and not entitled. Bond was set at $3,000. Initial court date is April 12.
• Susan A. Blair, 7248 Hurricane Creek Rd., Auburntown, was served a warrant on a charge of filing a false report on March 13 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Randy Neal. On Feb. 21, Blair went to the CCSD and told Deputy Neal that Clifton Murphy had damaged her Dodge Durango by hitting it with a piece of wood. She said Murphy knocked the mirror off the car, put a dent in the hood and knocked the trim off the door, all on the passenger side.
Upon discussing the case with Deputy Reed Bryson, Deputy Neal learned that Blair had told Deputy Bryson her boyfriend (David Seibers) had already done the damage to the Dodge. She had stated this to Deputy Bryson when she reported (on Feb. 15) that Seibers had stolen her vehicle. She later admitted that information was untrue, and was also charged with filing a false report in that incident. Bond was set at $1,000 for the Feb. 21 case. She is to appear in Cannon County General Sessions Court on April 5 on both charges.
• Barry Tracy Harris, 760 Cranor Rd., Murfreesboro, was charged with DUI 4th offense and speeding (90/55) on March 13 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Travis Turney. Deputy Turner observed Harris’ vehicle traveling eastbound on John Bragg Hwy. at a high rate of speed and crossing the fog line. After Deputy Turney turned around and followed the vehicle, the driver crossed the fog line three additional times, continuing to travel at a high rate of speed.
Deputy Turney, after stopping the vehicle and making contact with the driver, observed Harris to have bloodshot, watery eyes and slurred speech. Harris was unable to satisfactorily perform field sobriety tests. His driving history showed three prior DUI convictions. Bond was set at $6.000. Initial court date is May 3.
• Rebecca Page Bynum, 800 S. McCrary St., Woodbury, was charged with criminal trespass on March 12 by Woodbury Patrolman John Fesmire. Bynum was allegedly found to be on property owned by the Woodbury Housing Authority after being served with a trespass warning served by the police department. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is $2,000.
• Hope A. Dennis, 605 Double Springs Road, Murfreesboro, was served an arrest warrant for failure to appear on March 7 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Corrections Officer Gary T. Overcast. The warrant was issued after she did not report to serve her court-ordered sentence. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date is April 5.
• Joseph Matthew Starnes, Greenbrier St., Woodbury, was charged with driving on a suspended license on March 7 by Woodbury Assistant Police Chief Kevin Mooneyham following a traffic stop on West Main St. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is April 12.
• Michael A. Dorris, Jr., 125 McBroom St., Woodbury, was charged with possession/injection of synthetic marijuana, a portion of which was burnt, following a consensual search of his home on March 10 by Woodbury Patrolman John Fesmire. Dorris admitted to smoking the substance. He was also charged with two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, a pipe and a pair of hemostats. Release citations were issued. Initial court date is April 19.
• Bobby Davenport, Jr., 2594 Pitts Lane, Murfreesboro, was charged with driving on a suspended license by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Tommy Barker on March 9 following a traffic stop on Jim Cummings Hwy. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is April 5.
• Angela Diane Ward, 799 Jim Town Rd., Woodbury, was charged with driving on a suspended license on March 14 by Cannon County Sheriff Deputy Lawrence Avera following a traffic stop on Jim Cummings Hwy. Initial court date is April 5.
• Phillip Matthew Shook, 186 Cobb Lane, Woodbury, was charged with driving on a suspended license and failure to maintain lane of travel on March 11 by CCSD Deputy Eric Moss. Deputy Moss was traveling east on John Bragg Hwy. when he observed a brown Buick cross the fog line. He stopped the vehicle on Hollis Creek Rd. The driver was identified as Shook. Initial court date is April 5.
• Crystal Fleming was served an arrest warrant for violation of probation on March 3 by Corrections Officer Billy Mingle in the booking room of the Cannon County Sheriff’s Dept.