The first duck to cross the finish line was adopted by Mike Bishop of Antioch, who won the grand prize of 5,000 bucks donated by King Quacker Sudsy’s Car Wash. Bishop purchased his duck adoptions at the Child Advocacy Center.
The last duck standing was the very last duck fished out of the water. The prize was presented to Kimberlyn Kellogg, who adopted the duck at the Duck Derby on Race Day!
Just before the race, 4 Kings was crowned King of the Wing, presented by T.L’s Trophies, for the best chicken wing competition during the Wing-off. It was a close race between Slick Pig, Kirkenburts, Lanes Trains and Automobiles, Buffalo Wild Wings, and 4 Kings.
A free Family Fun Fest kicked off the activities with games for kids of all ages. A flash mob gathered and danced to the tune of the “Return of the Duck.” Kristin Demos and Kristan Roberts led the dance with the Blackman cheerleaders.
All proceeds of the event will allow the non-profit Child Advocacy Center staff to provide services for sexually and physically abused and endangered children. More than 7,500 children received services during the past 12 years in Rutherford and Cannon Counties.
Executive Director Sharon De Boer thanked all the sponsors who contributed cash donations, businesses who donated prizes, vendors at the Family Fun Festival, the numerous volunteers, and everyone who adopted a duck.
“This was the best Duck Derby and Family Fun Festival that we have had in the last five years,” De Boer said. “We want to thank our wonderful community for all of their support!”
Winners, their prize packages totaling almost $20,000, and the location where their duck was adopted are:
1. $5,000 Cash: Mike Bishop (Purchased at the Child Advocacy Center)
2. Moab bicycle package: Learning Rx (Purchased at the Child Advocacy Center)
3, $500 gift certificate from Bell Jewelers: Charles R. Farrer (Purchased at Demos’)
4. $500 gift certificate from Demos’ restaurant: Josh Arrington (Purchased at Demos’)
5. Best of the Boro: Ashley Reid (Purchased at Top of the Block)
6. Gatlinburg Getaway: Ernest and Peggy Burgess (Purchased at the Child Advocacy Center)
7. Romantic Nashville Getaway: Michelle Savage (Purchased at Demos’)
8. Memphis Blues: Judy Boyd (Purchased from Andy Womack at State Farm)
9. Hello Huntsville: Ronda Spivey (Purchased at the Child Advocacy Center)
10. Let’s Get Pampered: Billy Solomon (Purchased at Kirkenburts)
11. Nashville Elegance: Kelly Thompson (Purchased from Presenting Sponsor Sudsy’s Car Wash)
12. Nashville Family Fun: Keagan Ross Sleigh (Purchased at the Duck Derby on Race Day)
13. Lucky No. 13, Honey We’re Going to Tunica: Joan Dobbs (Purchased at Demos’)
14. Reelfoot Lake Fisherman’s Getaway: Donna Brasewell (Purchased at the Child Advocacy Center)
15. Chattanooga Day Trip: Herb and Belita Wanderer (Purchased at Mid South Bank)
16. Last Duck Standing: Kimberlyn Kellogg (Purchased at the Duck Derby on Race Day)