Cannon County doesn’t have a middle school, although there has been considerable discussion about implementing one over the years.
However, the school system does have Middle Grades Sports. There are football, baseball and softball teams, mostly comprised of seventh and eighth graders at Woodbury Grammar School, which play against out-of-county competition.
Middle Grades Sports is one of the items on the agenda for the Cannon County Board of Education when it convenes for its regular monthly meeting Thursday (May 10).
The complete agenda for the meeting follows:
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
May 10, 2012
Woodbury Grammar School
Reception at 5:30 P.M.
Recognize Student Contest Achievements
Recognize Senior Student Board Member
Recognize New Teachers
Recognize Retiring Personnel
1. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
2. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the April 12, 2012 meeting of the Board
b. Approve Bus Trips #1410, #1449, #1450, #1457, #1458, #1467, #1468 and #1470
c. Approve Textbook Adoption Report
d. Approve Resolution for Budget Amendment
3. Connie Foster to address the Board concerning diabetes grant and CSH Reapplication. – 5 minutes
4. Jennifer Insell to discuss school lunch prices for 2012-13 school year. – 2 minutes
5. Approval of student requests and coursework for early graduation. – 3 minutes
6. Discuss Ag Pavilion Project. – 4 minutes
7. Discussion of Middle Grades Sports. – 3 minutes
8. Director’s Comments. – 3 minutes
a. Financial Report (if available)
c. Discussion of summer Board meetings, workshops, and deadlines
d. Budget Workshop
9. Chairman’s Comments. – 2 minutes
10. The next Board Meeting Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 6 p.m. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 6 p.m. at the Cannon County Courthouse.