Here’s some easy recipes for your family to enjoy. Hopefully this will be a weekly feature. Let us know what you think!
Basic Easy Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes Servings: 6
"Quick spicy wings made with hot sauce and butter."
3 pounds chicken wings, separated at
joints, tips discarded
1/2 cup butter
1 cup hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook the wings 8 to 12 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. The larger pieces will take slightly longer to cook.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, and mix in the hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
4. Place wings in a large container with a secure lid. Pour sauce over the wings, and seal. Shake wings with the sauce until thoroughly coated.
Easy Beer and Ketchup Meatballs
Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 3 Hours
Ready In: 3 Hours 40 Minutes Servings: 8
"These ARE easy! Beer and ketchup are set in a slow cooker to simmer. Meatballs are baked in the oven, then added to the simmering liquid for three hours."
1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
24 fluid ounces beer
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place the beer and ketchup in a slow cooker on high setting and allow to simmer..
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic powder and onion, mixing well. Form mixture into meatballs about 3/4 inch in diameter. Place meatballs in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to the slow cooker with the beer and ketchup and simmer for 3 hours; sauce will thicken.