The Board of County Commissioners will meet for their regular monthly session on Tuesday, May 8 at 6:00 p.m. at the courtroom of the county courthouse. The Budget Committee will meet at 5 p.m. in the courtroom.
1. Prayer and Pledge.
2. Roll call - Bobby Smith
3. Summary of last meetings minutes. - Chair
4. Approval of last meeting minutes.
5. Committee Reports
6. Bruce Steelman will address the board about the USDA grant money for the Farmers Market building site near the Arts Center.
7. Executive Mike Gannon has budget amendments to come before the board.
8. Resolution to rescind the resolution for a sales tax increase.
9. The Chair will entertain a motion to readdress the resolution for the local sales tax increase at the May meeting.
10. A motion to rescind the motion for a referendum for Sunday Beer.
11. The Chair will entertain a motion to allow the sale of beer on Sunday in the county.
12. Hear a report on the use of the Regions Bank annex to be used as a courthouse annex from the Chair.
13. A motion to accept the bid where the money is to be borrowed for the used fire trucks which are to be repaid through the Debt Service Fund.
14. A resolution to amend the County Personnel Policy to discontinue offering health insurance for Cannon County government retirees.
13. A resolution to increase litigation taxes for General Sessions Court in Cannon County, to pay for the increases in compensation for General Sessions's judges required by the state.
14. A resolution to establish an archives and records management fee in Cannon County to help pay for the lease of the Regions Bank annex building which will be storing records of the county government.
15. The Chairman of the Election Commission or his Assistant will come before the board with a motion to amend their budget, to move money inside the department.
16. Commissioner Neal would like to address the commissioner dealing with the County Fire Departments.
17. Other Business.
Chairman of the County Commission