According to the minutes of the Tennessee State Election Commission for June 18, 2012:
* HAMILTON CO ELECTION COMMISSION-SUPPLY BAGS
In 2006, the state gave federal grant monies to Hamilton Co. Election Commission as a pilot project for non metal ballot boxes to be approved for use in the Aug and Nov elections.
* PRINT ELECT
Chris Andrews stated his office has several requests for supply bags and his co. wants directions from the State Election commission on how to proceed.
I, Helen Minton, Poll Worker was unable to get guidelines from the State Department of elections for Nursing Home procedures because "new guidelines are being made and they did not want to give out wrong information." So I would assume that the old guidelines would be used until the new ones were issued.
Here is a list of items to take to the facility according to current guidelines:
* List of eligible voters at the facility
* Applications for Ballot (SS-3028 or pre-printed)
* Ballots (by precinct) or voting machines
* Early voting envelopes
* Hard copy of voter's registration to compare the voter's signature
* If voting paper ballots, you can compare voter's signature when you
return to the CEC office
* Ballot Box with two (2) locks
* Rolling supply bag, pens clipboards
I always thought that we stick with the old guidelines (laws) until new ones were issued. I guess I'm wrong.
If I've caused any undue trouble for the election office personnel or the election commissioners I'm truly sorry.
I hope this will help everyone in making a judgement of 1 of the current problems in the Cannon County election process.