By TINA NORRIS
- Monday, April 21-Thursday, April 23: Jelly Bean Guessing Contest-Stop in anytime during open hours at either branch to guess how many jelly beans are in the jar. There will be designated jars for Adults, Teens, and Children to guess.
- Tuesday, April 21, at 4:30 p.m. the Teen Writer's Club will meet. All teens are welcome to join the fun!
- Wednesday, April 22, at 10:30 a.m.- Story Time at Auburntown Branch
- Thursday April 23 at 10:30 a.m.- Story time at Dr. and Mrs. J. F. Adams Memorial Library
Story times are for children 18 months to 5 years. Story times are a great way to introduce you child to the lifelong fun of reading.
- Wednesday, April 22 at 6 p.m., Intro to Computers Come learn everything you need to know to get started with computers! This is a class for beginners. Registration required. Limited to 5.
- Thursday, April 23, the Library will be closing at 2:00 p.m. to prepare for the Friends of the Library Roast.
- Thursday, April 23, Friends of the Library Roast of Col. Jimmy Stone. Get your tickets NOW to be a part of this fun filled evening. Every year is better than the last.
- Saturday, April 25, come to Adams Memorial for a presentation on Arbor Day. Joe Bryson, a Tennessee Forestry Technician, will present a program on Arbor Day and the forests of Tennessee. If you like trees and the natural habitat they provide, join us for this fascinating talk.
Be sure to stop in a vote for your favorite poems during Poetry Month. Poems are posted around the Library, so come on in and enjoy the talented poets of Cannon County.
Don't forget to pick up an entry and Win a Trip to Paris. That's right, Paris, France, not Paris, Tennessee. Mail in your entry before the deadline and you may be the lucky winner of a wonderful trip. The deadline to send in your entry is April 30. Any entry received after April 30, will not be considered.
Teens don't forget to come in and sign up to volunteer at the library during the summer. Help the library with summer reading as well as our many other summer projects to have fun, gain experience and have an excuse to get away from the house in a parental approved manner. It is true that giving is the best way to receive.
Remember this is your library and we are always happy to hear comments and suggestions on how to provide you with a fabulous library experience. We have new books and DVDs coming in every day. We have a beautiful photography exhibit throughout the month of April. We have computers open with no waiting and no time limits. Don't be a stranger. Come in and see what we can offer you.