Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program Applications To Be Offered

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles
Cannon County has received funding for a Home Rehabilitation grant in the amount of $318,438 for the purpose of bringing homes in Cannon County up to the 2003 ICC International Residential Codes. “This project is funded under an agreement with the Tennessee Housing Development Agency through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.”

Applications will be taken for those interested in having repairs made to their home at the Cannon County Courthouse, 1 Courthouse Public Square, Woodbury, TN 37190 on Thursday, August 27, 2009 from 5:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.

Those attending will be participating in the Homebuyer Education Training provided by the UCDD. To be eligible, you must have owned your home for a period of one (1) year and presently live in the home you need repaired or you may have a deed in the homeowners name or a 99-year lease on the dwelling you reside in. In addition, you must be low-income (information on income guidelines will be available).

Your home must need repairs to bring it up to specific building codes. This is not a remodeling program. It is a rehabilitation grant project and only those in need will be considered for this grant. As with all federal funding, you must provide certain information in order to apply. In order to assisting in having your application taken quickly, please try to bring with you a copy of the following information.

· Verification of income, which can be either a copy of a government check (Social Security, SSI, VA, AFDC, etc.), a copy of a bank statement which shows the amount of direct deposits of government checks, and award letter for a government check, a copy of a payback stub showing your year-to-date earnings, and official statement from your employer which shows your income tax statement for self-employed individuals.

· Full names, amount of income and social security numbers for everyone living in your home.

· A copy of the deed to your property.

· A copy of your property tax statement with recipe showing 2008 taxes paid.

· A copy of your homeowner’s insurance which provides the amount of your coverage.

For the application, you need to state your regular monthly payments, the name, address, and phone number to your mortgage institution and the repairs needed to be made your home.

Those who are physically unable to come out and apply should contact the Cannon County Executive’s office at 615-563-2320 or the Upper Cumberland Development District at 931-432-4111 and ask for Andy Meadows.

This grant complies with federal regulations and will not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, or handicap.
Read more from:
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: