Friday Night Fight Breaks Out At Drinking Party, Two Charged

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles
Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Eric Moss was dispatched to 2373 Hollis Creek Rd. a little after 9 p.m. on June 18 in regard to a report of a man who had been stabbed.

Upon arrival he spoke with Brenda Farless, owner of the residence, who stated that the man sitting on her front porch walked up to her house and said that he had been stabbed. Farless also stated she smelled alcohol on the man, but at that time he seemed calm.

Deputy Patrick Fann arrived on the scene and along with Moss they approached the man on the porch, who identified himself was Jeffrey Thomas (191 Cobb Lane, Woodbury). Thomas stated that his girlfriend stabbed him. They looked at Thomas' wounds and noticed that he had several scratches on his body.

EMS arrive on the scene, looked at Thomas, but he refused treatment. The deputies attempted to take pictures of the scratches on Thomas but he became belligerent. Thomas began cursing Fann and approaching him in an aggressive manner. He was placed under arresr for disorderly conduct and public intoxication.

Thomas was first taken to the sheriff's department where it was decided he should be transported to Stones River Hospital for evaluation. At the hospital it was found that Thomas' blood level was significantly over the limit but he was cleared to be booked into the jail.

Fann and Moss then went to 191 Cobb Lane, the scene of the original altercation, where they spoke with Justin Rogers, who stated he and Jeff Thomas has been hanging out all day and his mother, Lea Ann Farless, has been gone. Rogers said that his mother came home around 6:30 p.m. with some alcohol and they started drinking. He further stated his mother likes to fight and she started hitting Thomas and scratched him. Rogers said Thomas got Farless off of him and left.

Moss then placed Farless under arrest for domestic assault and Fann placed her into his patrol car for transport. While following Fann to the sheriff's department, Moss spoke with Fann over the phone and could hear Farless in the background and it appeared that she was being very belligerent. Fann stopped his patrol car due to Farless kicking the windows and told Moss that Farless had injured herself. Fann advised he was taking Farless to the hospital, and Moss followed.

Farless continued to be compative on arrival at the E.R. and she was posing a risk to herself as well as others, and had to be restrained. She had suffered a cut on her head as the result of banging her head against Fann's patrol car. She was treated and released and taken to jail, where she was charged with an additional count of disorderly conduct.

The next day, June 19, Fann noticed that Farless had caused damage to the right rear window of his patrol car while being transported. Additional charges are pending.
Read more from:
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: