Thirty teams will suit up for action in the TSSAA state playoffs this weekend. In Division II, six schools will punch their ticket to the BlueCross Bowl, while the Division I schools are set for quarterfinal play. Championship games in all nine classes will be held Dec. 2-4, 2021 at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville.
Schools that have not provided their full roster to the TSSAA Portal with jersey numbers, height, weight and positions should do so at this time.
At Noon central time on Tuesday, all ticket links will be published to the TSSAAsports.com Playoff Headquarters page for the general public to purchase any remaining tickets.
NFHS Network Games
The NFHS Network will be bringing 20 games to fans that are unable to attend games in person via their live video streaming platform. With an NFHS Network subscription you can watch any and all games for one low monthly or annual fee. The games, which fans can access at https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/tssaa/football are:
Coalfield @ Cloudland
McKenzie @ Fayetteville
Trousdale Co @ Watertown
Pigeon Forge @ Alcoa
White House @ East Nashville
Elizabethton @ Greeneville
Upperman @ Red Bank
Pearl-Cohn @ Tullahoma
South Gibson @ Haywood
Knoxville Central @ Knoxville West
Rhea Co @ Powell
Page @ Green Hill
Farragut @ Maryville
Oakland @ Lebanon
Beech @ Hendersonville
Ravenwood @ Summit
CPA @ Lausanne
Davidson Academy @ Lipscomb Academy
Pope John Paul @ McCallie
Christian Bros @ MBA
The full scoreboard, schedules and brackets can be found at https://tssaaspo
- Coalfield at Cloudland: These two schools have met nine times in the TSSAA playoffs since 1992. Coalfield leads the series 7-2.
- Gordonsville at South Pittsburg: These schools have a long history in the playoffs dating back to 1986. South Pittsburg has won 11 of the 16 previous meetings.
- Hampton at Oneida: This is the ninth meeting between these two schools in the TSSAA playoffs. Oneida leads the series 5-3.
- Trousdale Co. at Watertown: Watertown has yet to defeat Trousdale Co. in the playoffs. Trousdale Co. is 4-0 against Watertown in the playoffs.
- Elizabethton at Greeneville: These region foes meet for the second time this season. Greenville defeated Elizabethton on Sept. 3, 42-12. This will be the eighth playoff meeting between these schools, the first having took place in 1997. Elizabethton is 4-3 against Greeneville in the playoffs.
- Upperman at Red Bank: These teams have met in the playoffs five out of the last seven years. The playoff series is tied 2-2. Both teams have scored 40 or more points against their first and second round playoff opponents.
- Covington at Dyersburg: This is the fifth meeting between these schools in the playoffs. Each team has won two of the previous meetings, dating back to the first meeting in 2006.
- Pearl Cohn at Tullahoma: Tullahoma seeks to defeat Pearl Cohn for the first time in the football playoffs. Pearl Cohn has won both of the two previous meetings.
- Beech at Hendersonville: These two teams meet for the second time this season and for the second time in the TSSAA playoffs. Hendersonville defeated Beech at home 20-10 on Sept. 3. Hendersonville also won the only other playoff meeting on Nov. 18, 2011.
- Christian Brothers at MBA: These teams first met in the TSSAA playoffs in 1999. MBA has won six of the seven meetings since that time.
BlueCross Bowl State Championships
The BlueCross Bowl TSSAA State Football Championships will be held December 2-4, 2021 at Finley Stadium in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Thursday, Dec. 2
DII-AA Championship Game - 11 AM EST
DII-A Championship Game - 3 PM EST
DII-AAA Championship Game - 7 PM EST
Friday, Dec. 3
Class 3A Championship Game - 11 AM EST
Class 1A Championship Game - 3 PM EST
Class 5A Championship Game - 7 PM EST
Saturday, Dec. 4
Class 4A Championship Game - 11 AM EST
Class 2A Championship Game - 3 PM EST
Class 6A Championship Game - 7 PM EST