Woodbury To Consider Drafting Downtown Beer Sales
Friday, December 3, 2010 6:21 am
The Woodbury Board of Mayor and Aldermen will consider an ordinance Tuesday to allow restaurants on the Woodbury Town Square to sell and serve beer.
The Board will meet at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
Aldermen will also vote on an ordinance to permit the sale of beer on days on which elections are taking place.
Currently restaurants on the Square are prohibited by the existing town beer ordinance from serving beer to customers because they are within 300 feet of a place of public gathering, in this instance being the Cannon County Courthouse.
The proposed ordinance to be considered Tuesday regarding downtown beer sales would amend the current ordinance as follows:
"That any restaurant on the square that was operating as a restaurant on or before August 4, 2009 and they are closer than 300 feet of any hospital, school, church or other place of public gathering shall be permitted to apply and receive a license for the sell of beer so long as they qualify under the remaining requirements of the beer regulations and applications of this Ordinance. Any restaurant business on the square shall apply for a beer license on or before January 6, 2012. The square is defined as the location between Water Street, Cannon Street, Main Street, and Tatum Street immediately around the Cannon County Courthouse."
Following is the complete agenda for Tuesday's meeting:
TOWN OF WOODBURY
BOARD OF MAYOR AND ALDERMEN
DECEMBER 7, 2010
• Call to order by Mayor
• Roll Call
• Approve minutes of the November 2, 2010 meeting
• Public Hearing regarding Ordinance No. 434, an ordinance amending the street acceptance and construction standard code for the Town of Woodbury by adding a Section 16-407 (Procedure for street acceptance by the Public Works Director).
• Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 434 on second and final reading.
• Public Hearing regarding Ordinance No. 435, an ordinance amending the street acceptance and construction standard code for the Town of Woodbury by changing Section 16-406.
• Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 435 on second and final reading.
• Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 436 on first reading, an ordinance to amend Ordinance No. 421 (regulating the sale, distribution for sale, and manufacturing of beer within the Town of Woodbury), by amending Section 8-210 to allow restaurants located on the public square to sell beer.
• Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 437 on first reading, an ordinance to amend Ordinance No. 421 (regulating the sale, distribution for sale, and manufacturing of beer within the Town of Woodbury), by amending Section 8-212 (2).
• Michael Reed would like to address the board regarding plans for the “Give Back Ranch”.
• Carolyn Motley of the Chamber of Commerce would like to address the board
• Other Business
• Reports from Mayor, Committees, and Department Heads.