The Town of Woodbury Board of Mayor and Aldermen will meet Tuesday night, Feb. 8, at 7 p.m.
One of the items on the agenda is a resolution in support of the Safe Routes to Schools Program (see below)
TOWN OF WOODBURY
BOARD OF MAYOR AND ALDERMEN
FEBRUARY 8, 2011
* Call to order
* Roll Call
* Approve the minutes of the January 4, 2011 meeting
* Consider adoption of Resolution 01-11, a resolution in support of the Safe Routes to Schools Program
* Consider adoption of Resolution 02-11, a resolution of agreement to provide matching funds for the Cannon County fiscal year 2011 Community Development Block Grant Application for the extension of waterlines to low and moderate income persons within the Lake Anne Road, Basham Ridge and Finnie Simmons Road areas.
* Other Business
* Reports from Mayor, Committees, and Department Heads
Prior to the meting of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, the Woodbury Beer Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. to consider approving beer permits for Carlos Estrada Rodriguez for Chailango's and Stephen Larry Nixon for First Stop Market. They have already been selling beer, this is just a change of ownership.
RESOLUTION NO. 01-11
Resolution in Support of the Safe Routes to Schools Program
Whereas: Woodbury Grammar School wishes to become part of the Safe Routes to Schools Program; and
Whereas: The Safe Routes to Schools program would take place during the 2011/2012 – 2012/2013 school years; and
Whereas: To be a Safe Routes to Schools Program requires the formation of a Team at Woodbury Grammar School which can include parents, neighbors, and interested teachers, which will organize contests and events, and
Whereas: Safe Routes to Schools' will assist in forming a community-wide Task Force which will include parents, neighborhood members, law enforcement, and participation from staff from the school and town which will identify and evaluate safer routes to schools for our children and present this to City staff; and
Whereas: Safe Routes to Schools will be providing in-class safety education in each qualifying school, and
Whereas: In addition to increasing pedestrian safety, The City of Woodbury is excited about the potential for this Safe Routes to Schools Program because walking and bicycling increases the physical health of children; and
Whereas: There are several existing pedestrian paths and sidewalks in our community which would be well used as school routes through more community education, cooperation, and promotion.
Therefore: The City of Woodbury is pleased to support the Safe Routes to Schools program.
Duly adopted by the Town of Woodbury Mayor and Board of Aldermen this 8th day of February, 2011.
RESOLUTION NO. 02-11
RESOLUTION OF AGREEMENT TO PROVIDE MATCHING FUNDS FOR THE CANNON COUNTY FISCAL YEAR 2011 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT APPLICATION
WHEREAS, funds are available through the State of Tennessee Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Small Cities Program; and
WHEREAS, Cannon County (hereinafter called the "COUNTY") may apply for said CDBG funds for the purpose of assisting the Town of Woodbury in the extension of water lines to low and moderate income persons within the Lake Anne Road, Basham Ridge and Finnie Simmons Road areas; and
WHEREAS, the COUNTY may apply for $278,500 in CDBG funds for the purpose of partially financing the aforementioned project.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Aldermen of the Town of Woodbury agrees:
1. To provide all necessary local matching funds for their portion of the proposed project including connection fees received from Non-LMI customers for an estimated total of thirty-nine thousand one hundred dollars ($39,100.00), and
2. To cooperate with the COUNTY to oversee the proposed project through to completion, and
3. Upon completion, to assume all responsibility for operation and maintenance of the water system, and
4. To enter into the attached Cooperative Agreement with Cannon County.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, the TOWN desires and recommends to Cannon County that JAMES C. HAILEY & COMPANY performs all engineering services for this project.
READ, ADOPTED AND APPROVED IN OPEN REGULAR SESSION THIS 8th DAY OF FEBRUARY 2011.