Woman Charged With Making Up Meth-Making Claim
Sunday, December 26, 2010 6:00 am
Recent charges filed by local law enforcement officers includes one against a woman who claimed a man was making meth. Upon investigation, no meth lab was found.
Angela M. Mathis, 556 Manustown Rd., Woodbury, was charged with harassment and with filing a false report on Dec. 14. The harassment complaint stems from Mathis repeatedly calling the victim even after being advised to stop. The false report charge stems from Mathis contacting the Cannon County Sheriff's Department and stating that a person was cooking methamphetamine at a residence. After Deputy Brandon Gullett responded to the residence, no meth lab was found. It was later determined that Mathis was giving false statements due to an argument which had occurred between Mathis and the person she claimed was cooking meth. Bond was set at $2,800. Initial court date is Jan. 18.
• Brandon Lee Gunter, 126 Heather Heights, Bradyville, was charged with speeding (79/55) and violation of the open container law on Dec. 19 after being stopped by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Brandon Gullett. Gunter was written citation for both offenses and given a court date of Feb. 1.
• Jeffery Michael Hodges, 1004 Palmer Dr., Apt. C-14, was charged with driving on a suspended license by Woodbury Police Patrolman Brent Brock on Dec. 19 following a traffic stop of McMinnville Hwy. He was issued a citation and given a court date of Jan. 25.
• Shellie Lynn Harris, 522 Magan Lane, Woodbury, was issued a citation for violation of the wheel tax law by CCSD Detective Matt Goney on Dec. 17. Initial court date is Feb. 8.
• Kim Johnson, 4731 West Green Hill Rd., McMinnville, was served a summons for harassment on Dec. 21. The summons alleges that Johnson made over 100 text and telephone calls to the complainant without a legitimate purpose of communication, knowing said text and calls to be and alarming to the recipient. Initial court date is Jan. 11.
• Jeremy Nelson Moulder, 140 Meadowbrook Dr., Woodbury, was charged with driving on a revoked license, third offense, by WPD Patrolman John Fesmire on Dec. 17 following a traffic stop on Lynn St. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is Jan. 25.
• Amy Elizabeth Miller, 110 East High St., Woodbury, was charged with domestic assault on Dec. 18 by WPD Patrolman John Fesmire following an alleged incident which occurred at a residence on West Adams St. Bond was set at $5,000. Initial court date is Jan. 25.
• Ruben Scott Murphy, 520 Hennessee Rd., Morrison, was charged with simple possession of a Schedule VI drug and with speedning (65/55) on Dec. 10 following a traffic stop on John Bragg Hwy. by CCSD Detective James Davis. Det. Davis reported smelling the odor of burnt marijuana as he approached the vehicle. A search revealed a small amount of the drug. A passenger in the vehicle, Jessee Colton Norwood, 39 Cripps Lane, McMinnville, was also charged with simple possession of a Schedule IV drug. Release citations were issued to both subjects. Initial court date is Feb. 8.
• Cameron Taylor Smith, 206 Woodland Trail, Rock Island, was charged by CCSD Deputy Lawrence Avera with speeding (81/55) following a traffic stop on John Bragg Hwy. on Dec. 17. Initial court date is Jan. 4.
• James Adam White Walls, 1408 Red Hill Rd., Woodbury, was charged with failure to stop at a stop sign, failure to provide proof of insurance and improper tag following a traffic stop on Red Hill Rd. on Dec. 18. Initial court date is Feb. 1.