Woman Arrested On Kidnapping Complaint
Friday, January 27, 2012 5:00 am
Melissa A. Rodriguez, 2754 Eugene Reed Road, Woodbury, was charged with Kidnapping and Contributing To The Delinquency Of A Minor on Jan. 17 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Brandon Gullett. Rodriquez was allegedly harboring a purported runaway teen and refused to take her home after being requested to do so twice by the teen’s mother. Bond was set at $4,800. Rodriquez was appointed the public defender in General Sessions Court on Jan. 24. Her next court date is Feb. 7.
• Jesse Paul Smith, 1513 Bradyville Road, Woodbury, was charged with Simple Possession Of Schedule IV Narcotics, Simple Possession Of Schedule III Narcotics and Underage Consumption Of Alcohol on Jan. 22. Smith was observed by the arresting officer walking out of Quick Shop Market. He appeared to be unsteady on his feet. The officer detected an odor associated with alcohol about Smith. Smith, who is 18, stated he had consumed a few beers and said he likes to drink on weekends. While he was making the arrest the officer allegedly found in Smith’s right front pocket an unmarked pill bottle which contained 3 1/2 pink pills which were identified as Klonopin and a yellow pill which was identified as Hydrocodone. Smith did not have a prescription for either of the narcotics. Bond was set at $12,000. Initial court date is March 13.
• Darrel D. Johnson, 1407 Royal Trail, Manchester, was charged with Simple Possession Of Marijuana on Jan. 21. The arresting officer detected a strong odor of what he believed to be marijuana coming from Johnson’s car during a traffic stop. Johnson surrendered a small amount of a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana to the officer. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is March 13.
• Anthony Lee Curtis, 1717 Holcomb Rd., McMinnville, was charged with Driving On A Suspended License on Jan. 25 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Seth Perry. Deputy Perry observed the vehicle Curtis was driving allegedly run a stop sign at the intersection of Lauderhill Rd. and Short Mountain Hwy. Bond was set at $700. Initial court date is March 7.
• Candace Brook Vickers, 1715 Givens Hollow Road, Liberty, was served an arrest warrant charging her with Theft Over $500 on Jan. 25. It is alleged that Vickers stole from the purported victim cash in the amount of $250, one black Nikon camera valued at $800, a wallet value at $20 and check books and debit cards. Bond was set at $600. Initial court date is Feb. 7.
• Ronald Jesse Sharp was served an arrest warrant for Violation Of Probation on Jan. 25. Sharp allegedly violated probation by testing positive for methamphetamine and by failing to pay court costs, fines and probation fees. Bond was fixed at $10,000. Initial court date is Feb. 14.
• Donna Jeanine Campbell, 335 Hayes St., Woodbury, was charged with Driving On A Suspended License 1st Offense on Jan. 19 following a traffic stop on McFerrin St. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Feb. 21.
• Michael Gilchrist, 64 B. Mathis Lane, Woodbury, was charged with Driving On A Suspended License 1st Offense and violation of the Financial Responsibility law on Jan. 23 following a traffic stop on McMinnville Hwy. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Feb. 14.