The Woodbury Board of Mayor and Aldermen will consider an ordinance Tuesday night which, if adopted, would allow the town's fire department to charge insurance companies a fee for responding to fire calls.
TOWN OF WOODBURY
BOARD OF MAYOR AND ALDERMEN
MARCH 8, 2011
• Call to order
• Roll Call
• Approve the minutes of the February 8, 2011 meeting
• Consider approval of a Roadblock permit for Cannon County Rescue Squad (May 21)
• Consider approval of a Roadblock permit for Cannon County S.A.V.E.
• Consider adoption of an ordinance to allow the Woodbury Fire Department to charge insurance companies a fee for responding to fire calls
• Other business
• Reports from Mayor, Committees, and Department Heads
ORDINANCE NO. 438
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 3 FIRE DEPARTMENT FOR THE TOWN OF WOODBURY
WHEREAS, it becomes necessary from time to time to make changes to the text of the Woodbury Codes in accordance with requirements of Tennessee Code Annotated 6-4-501 through 6-5-506; and
WHEREAS, that under Woodbury Fire Department Chapter 3 does not provide for the chief of the fire department to invoice or bill insurance companies for the cost to fight fires in the corporate fire limits; and
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that Section 7 of Chapter 3 of the Fire Department is amended by adding 7-308 to read as follows:
7-308. Chief of the Fire Department to Invoice Insurance Companies.
1. That the chief of the fire department shall have the full authority and discretion to bill and invoice insurance companies for expense to fight fires in the corporate fire limits.
2. The chief of the fire department has authority to bill and invoice for the cost of water; equipment damage as a result of fighting fires in the corporate fire limits; and any payments to any volunteer fire fighters.
ADOPTED BY THE WOODBURY MAYOR AND ALDERMAN:
First Reading: March 8, 2011
Public Hearing: April 5, 2011
Second Reading: April 5, 2011
Mayor of Woodbury