Two men, one from Manchester and one from McMinnville, were charged recently with DUI by local law enforcement officers.
Carl Eugene George, 430 Oriole Drive Apt. Q-2, McMinnville, was charged with DUI 1st offense on Sept. 29 following a traffic stop on East Main Street by Sgt. John House of the Woodbury Police Dept. Bond was set at $3,500. Initial court date is Nov. 9.
In a separate incident, Johnny Wade Stephens, 910 Ballard Rd., Mancester, was charged with driving while under the influence and violation of the implied consent law on Oct. 2. Stephens was driving his Dodge Dynasty on Carl Lewis Rd. when he was pulled over by Cannon County Sheriff's Det. James Davis for failure to drive within his lane. Deputy Chip Avera assisted with the stop. Avera reported he could smell a strong odor of alcohol coming from Stephens, and his eyes were watery and speech slurred. An open bottle of Bud Lite was also observed in the passenger seat, which was cold to the touch. Stephens was also unsteady on his feet, and failed the standard field sobriety tests, Avera reported. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date is Nov. 2.
Other recent charges filed by the WPD and CCSD include:
• Janice Diana Somers, 251 Spring Branch Lane, Bradyville, was charged with driving on a revoked license on Sept. 30 by CCSD Deputy Eric Moss after she lost control of her of her vehicle and flipped into a ditch on Burt Bergen Road. Initial court date is Oct. 19.
• Keith David Smith, 148 Rains Ridge Rd., Woodbury, was charged with resisting arrest/stop on Sept. 26 by Ptl. John Fesmire of the WPD. Smith allegedly jumped into his vehicle, tried to start it, and physically resisted officers as they tried to stop him. Smith was the passenger in a vehicle that took off from Fesmire during the night prior to the Sept. 26 incident. Smith was stopped in East Main Street in an attempt to gain information as to who the driver was in the prior episode and why the vehicle left upon seeing officers begin to come in on it. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is Nov. 12.
• Barbara Sue Nichols, 213 East High St., Woodbury, was arrested on a charge of failure to appear on Sept. 30 by CCSD Deputy Steve McMillen.
• Briseyda Alfaro, 316 Joe Daniel Rd., Bradyville, was charged with no driver's license and operating a motor vehicle with one child passenger not wearing a seat belt and another not in a child restraint seat on Sept. 29 by Sgt. John House of the WPD. Initial court date is Oct. 12.
• Israel Guardado Baez, 86 Minerva Dr., Murfreesboro, was charged with driving without a license on Oct. 1 by Patrolman John Fesmire of the WPD. Initial court date is Nov. 10.
• Jessica Nichole Davis, 119 Bryson Court, Woodbury, was served an affidavit of complaint taken out by Hobart Dailey on Sept. 28 for an incident which allegedly took place on May 31, 2010. Dailey claims Davis took a $50 bill from his residence without his permission and ran out the door. Davis is charged with theft under $500. Initial court date is Oct. 26.