Two Face Impaired Driving Charges
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:17 pm
Following are recent incident reports as recorded by officers of the Woodbury Police and Cannon County Sheriff's departments.
• Daryl Wayne Nichols, 344 Fann Road, was charged with driving while impaired on Jan. 8 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Tommy Barker. Nichols was driving a white Chevy truck on Stones River Rd. with only one headlight working. When he passed Deputy Barker's patrol unit, he was swerving. The deputy turned around and performed a traffic stop. When Deputy Barker approached Nichols' vehicle, he could smell an odor consistent with an alcoholic beverage. Nichols was unable to perform field sobriety tests to the satisfaction of the deputy and was arrested. Bond was set t $1,500. Initial court date is March 1.
• Amanda Rhea Hollis, 122 Meadowbrook Dr., Woodbury, was charged with DUI (2nd offense) and violation of the financial responsibility law on Dec. 23 after she allegedly crashed her vehicle into a fence at Higgins Car Wash. Bond was set at $8,000. Initial court date is Jan. 25.
• Jeremy L. Tenpenny, 800 South McCrary St., Woodbury, was served an arrest warrant on Jan. 4 charging him with reckless endangerment from an incident which allegedly took place on Dec. 15. According to the warrant, while traveling down Old Murfreesboro Rd., Jeremy Tenpenny did engage in activities with Marcus Tenpenny and Thomas McCullough resulting in a firearm being discharged two times toward another vehicle containing three occupants. Tenpenny was also charged with violation of probation. Tenpenny was appointed a public defender in court on Jan. 11. Bond is set at $26,000. Next court date is March 1.
• Brent M. Pewitt, 640 Hopewell Rd., Bradyvlle, was arrested on a warrant charging him with failure to appear on Jan. 6. Pewitt allegedly failed to show up in court on Aug. 31, 2010 to answer a charge of violation of probation. He was originally convicted for vandalism. He was appointed a public defender in court on Jan. 11. Bond is set at $10,000. Next court date is Feb. 1.
• Thomas Reed, 7553 Hollow Springs Rd., Bradyville, was charged with domestic assault on Jan. 6. Bond was set at $3,000. Initial court date is Feb. 1.
• Timothy Eugene Ellis, 822 Johnson Hollow Rd., Woodbury, was charged with driving without a license on Jan. 6 by Woodbury Police Paltrolman John Fesmire following a traffic stop of East Main St. Bond was set at $500. Initial court date is Feb. 22.
• Noe Isreal Campos, 6212 Dug Hollow Rd., Bradyville, was charged with driving on a suspended license on Jan. 5 by Sgt. John House of the Woodbury PD following a traffic stop on West Main St. A release citation was issued and an initial court date of Feb. 15 was set.
• Joe Don Barrett, 387 Jim Perkins Rd., Bradyville, was charged with driving on a suspended license, use of stolen plates and violation of the financial responsibility law on Jan. 6 by Cannon County Sheriff Darrell Young following a traffic stop on Jim Cummings Hwy. Release citations were issued. Initial court date is Feb. 1.