Several drivers were charged with DUI and drug charges by officers of the Woodbury Police Dept. recently.
• Ashley N. Pope, 21 Gassaway Main St., Liberty, was charged with possession of a Schedule VI drug (marijuana cigarette), possession of drug paraphernalia (dime bag with marijuana residence and a pack of rolling papers) and possession of a Legend drug (Seroquel) by Woodbury Patrolman John Fesmire on Feb. 26 following a traffic stop on McMinnville Hwy. Release citations were issued. Initial court date is March 29.
• James B. Vernon, IV, 427 Pace St., McMinnville, was charged with DUI 2nd offense and violation of the implied consent law by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House on Feb. 23 following a traffic stop on McMinnville Hwy. Bond was set at $3,500. Initial court date is March 22.
• Robert Owen Smith, 8465 Hartsville Pike, Lebanon, was charged with driving on a revoked license 3rd offense, by Woodbury Assistant Police Chief Kevin Mooneyham following a traffic stop on South McCrary St. Bond was set at $500. Initial court date is March 22.
• Rebecca P. Pendergrast, 511-B McFerrin St. Woodbury, was charged with driving without a valid license on Feb. 26 by WPD Sgt. John House. Pendergrast was observed driving in the parking lot of Dollar General. Bond was set at $1,000. Initial court date is March 22. Pendergrast has been issued release citations for this offense on two previous occasions.
• Dallas Lamont Carney, 107 Ebonwood St., McMinnville, was charged with driving on a suspended license, 1st offense, on Feb. 25 by WPD Sgt. John House following a traffic stop on South McCrary St. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is March 22.
• Rosalind Moore, 2399 Big Hill Rd., Liberty, was charged with DUI. 1st offense, on Feb. 26 by WPD Patrolman John Fesmire following a traffic stop on West Main St. Moore allegedly has the odor of an alcoholic beverage about her person as well as bloodshot eyes. Bond was set at $1,500. Initial court date is April 19.
• Dustin Tyler Culver, 107 Heatherwood Dr., Murfreesboro, was charged with DUI, 2nd offense, simple possession of a Schedule VI drug and possession of drug paraphernalia on Feb. 20 by WPD Patrolman Brent Brock following a traffic stop on West Adams St. A green leafy substance thought to be marijuana was found in the pants pocket of the defendant, and a glass pipe commonly used to smoke marijuana, was found inside the vehicle. Bond was set at $8,500. Initial court date is April 19.
• Isaac Markum, 497 Goodridge Rd., Woodbury, was charged with disorderly conduct on Feb. 27 by WPD Assistant Chief Kevin Mooneyham. Mooneyham was answering a call from 108 East High St. at which Markum was supposedly making threats. Mooneyham was speaking with the complainant, Peggy Markum, when Issac Markum knocked on the door, open it, and started to enter the apartment unannounced. Mooneyham made Issac Markum leave the apartment. Issac Markum returned to the apartment and told Mooneyham to move his car. Mooneyham said he would move it when he was finished. Isaac Markum told Mooneyham to “move it now” or he would “back over the damn thing.” Bond for Markum was set at $500. Initial court date is March 22.
Traffic Stops Lead To Numerous Charges
March 3, 2011
March 05, 2011 at 1:58pm
I salute the attention and awareness of our Law Enforcement Officers who have obviously been paying attention to unlawful and unsafe conduct by motorist in our community, and thereby helped prevent many possible wrecks or tragedies.