It is already known there will be a change to one local position, as Bruce Daniel will replace Cathy Hyatt on the Cannon County Board of Education. Hyatt decided to not seek re-election to the District 3 seat, and Daniel is running unopposed.
There could be another change on the school board, as Nathan Sanders is challenging incumbent Shannon Davenport in District 1.
Other incumbents are also facing re-election battles:
• John Basinger and Keith Morris are running against incumbent Donald Preston for Property Assessor.
• Former county commissioner Rebekah Parton is running against Tony Neal for the District 4 commission seat he was named to following the death of Joe Wimberly.
The Cannon County Road Commission will see no changes as Jerry Pelham, James Hancock and Doyle Duke are all unchallenged in their bids for re-election.
Cannon County could also see a future change in its representation in the U.S. House of Representatives after today if Lou Ann Zelenik defeats incumbent Diane Black in the Republican Primary.
The same could be true for U.S. Senate, as incumbent Bob Corker faces a host of Republican challengers.
All Polling Places will be open 7:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M.
VOTING PLACES ARE AS FOLLOWS
DISTRICT — PRECINCT — VOTING PLACES
1. Westside — Westside School
2.Auburntown — Auburntown Community Building
2.Pleasant Ridge — Woodbury Grammar School Gym
2. Short Mountain 2 — Short Mountain School
2. Gassaway — Gassaway Fire Hall
3. Woodland — Woodland School
4. Eastside — Eastside School
4. Short Mountain 4 — Short Mountain School
5. Woodbury — Woodbury Grammar School Gym