Friday marked arraignment day for those defendants indicted during the January, 2011 term of the Cannon County Grand Jury.
Three indicted defendants decided to use Friday’s court session to enter guilty pleas to their varous charges. Those indicted defendants pleading guilty included:
• Charles Grizzle pled guilty to criminal attempt to possess a felonious amount of methamphetamine. He was sentenced to 3 years in the Tennessee Department of Corrections as a 30 percent offender and ordered to serve his entire sentence. He was also ordered to pay a $2,000 fine and court costs.
• William Holt pled guilty to the charge of driving under the influence over .20. He was sentenced to 11 months, 29 days in the county jail. That sentence was partially suspended upon an equal amount of time on probation, serving 7 days in jail, paying a $350.00 fine and paying the court costs. His license was also revoked for 1 year. In another case, Holt pled under judicial diversion to the charge of felony evading arrest. He was placed on probation for 1 year and ordered to pay the court costs.
• Brittany Ross pled guilty to the charges of aggravated burglary and simple possession of schedul IV drugs. She was sentenced to 3 years in prison as a Range 1, 30 percent offender for the aggravated burglary and 11 months, 29 days in the county jail for the simple possession charge. A suspended sentence hearing was set for April 8th.
• Jennie N. Rawls for sale of a controlled substance and maintaining a dwelling to keep, use or sell controlled substances.
Those persons arraigned during Friday’s session included:
• Adam McClure for TennCare fraud,
• Brandon M. Brown for 5 counts of TennCare fraud,
• Cynthia Hix and Johnny Hix for sale of a controlled substance and maintaining a dwelling to keep, use or sell controlled substances,
• Travis Lee Dobson for vehicular homicide, driving under the influence, simple possession of schedule VI, simple possession of schedule IV, simple possession of schedule III, simple possession of schedule II and possession of drug paraphernalia,
• Angela Trisler for failure to appear,
• William Scott Lewis for simple possession of schedule II drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia, simple possession of schedule VI drugs and driving while license revoked,
• Cory Lee Crawford Young for initiation of a process intended to result in the manufacture of methamphetamine, maintaining a dwelling or vehicle to manufacture methamphetamine and criminal trespass,
• Marcus Tenpenny for driving while license revoked,
• Marcus Tenpenny, Robyn Wilmouth and Joshua Crook for aggravated burglary and theft,
• Tony Lee McPeak for theft and driving while license revoked,
• Barry Lee Spurlock for driving under the influence,
• Shannon Dewayne Cobble for promotion of methamphetamine manufacture, simple possession of schedule III, convicted felon in possession of a handgun, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while license revoked,
• Kevin Troy Coe for domestic assault and two counts aggravated assault, and
• Stephanie Mooneyham for two counts of theft,
The next step for these defendant will be plea day on April 8th. On that day, they will be asked to enter formal pleas of guilty or not guilty. If they plead not guilty, a trial date will be set for sometime in the coming months.