Three County Officials Start Process Of Seeking Reelection
Friday, January 15, 2010 3:48 pm
Three persons who already serve in elected position in Cannon County picked up qualifying petitions to run in the 2010 General Election in August Friday.
They are Mike Gannon, bidding for a third term as County Executive; James Maxwell, running for reelection as County Trustee; and Roy Parker, seeking another term on the Cannon County Board of Education from the 5th District.
Howard Mike Grosch also obtained petition papers Friday, to run for the job of Cannon County Sheriff.
The list of persons who had picked up qualifying petitions as of Thursday, and the offices they are considering running for, is:
• Neal Applebaum, County Commission, 4th District
• Kevin Mooneyham, County Commission, 5th District
• James Russell Reed, County Commission, 1st District
• George Rigsby, County Commission, 3rd District
• Gregory Fauls, County Commission, 5th District
• Todd Hollandsworth, County Commission, 2nd District.
• Chris Blackburn, School Board, 2nd District.
• Dotty Duggin, County Trustee.
• Michael D. Nichols, County Trustee.
• Brenda Witty, County Trustee.
• Bobby Smith, County Court Clerk.
• Billy Nichols, Cannon County Sheriff.
• Darrell Young, Cannon County Sheriff.
• Kim Bailey, County Executive.
• James Jones, County Commission, 5th District.
• Paul Nickerson, County Commission, 5th District.
• Clarence Mark Barker, County Commission, 1st District.
• Nathan Nichols, County Commissioner, 1st District
• Anna Pittman, County Commission, 1st District
• Debbie Morris, Register of Deeds.
• Greg S. Mitchell, Register of Deeds.
• Lynne Foster, Circuit Court Clerk.
• Donnie Morris, Circuit Court Clerk
• Jim Gibbs, Constable 1st District.
• Tom Ganoe, Constable, 2nd District.
• Adam Melton, Constable, 5th District.
The General Election is scheduled for Aug. 5. The deadline to turn in qualifying petitions is April 1 at noon.