Jessica Kroph, 159 Pedigo Lane, Woodbury, was charged with disorderly conduct on Sept. 29 by Woodbury Patrolman Chris Brown. Kroph allegedly became involved in a physical altercation with another student at Cannon County High School. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Oct. 11.
• Stanley O. Reeves, 579 Tassey Rd., Readyville, was charged with public intoxication on Sept. 17 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy M.J. Parsley. Reeves allegedly had an odor of an intoxicant about his person, slurred speech and was unsteady on his feet. Initial court date is Nov. 1.
• Samuel Christian Strang, 203 W. Adams St., Woodbury, was charged with filing a false report on Sept. 24 by Woodbury Patrolman Patrick Fann. Strange allegedly told officers that a silver Taurus drove by with two people hanging out the window yelling and they threw and bottle and hit a car at 520 McFerrin St. Further investigation found that Strang and Shane Ferrell caused the damage by throwing the bottle and hitting the car. Bond was set at $3,500. Initial court date is Nov. 15.
• Russell Dale Walls, 4167 Parchcorn Rd., Woodbury, was served arrest warrants on Sept. 29 charging him with assault and vandalism. The complainant alleges that Walls called and threatened to “drive by” his house and told him, “I don’t care whose in the house, and don’t care who I hit – your mother, your child, whoever’s standing there in your house.” The purported victim also alleges that Walls slashed four tires on his car and one on his mother’s vehicle. The alleged incidents reportedly occurred on Sept. 1. Initial court date is Nov. 1.
• Russell Deese, 330 Whispering Oaks Lane, Liberty, was charged with DUI on Sept. 28 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Eric Moss following a traffic stop on Murfreesboro Rd. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date is Nov. 1.
• Frank Howell Turner, 163 Meadow Land Court, Manchester, was charged with DUI on Oct. 2 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Matthew Parsley. The deputy responded to State Route 146 (Short Mountain Hwy.) on that date in reference to a motor vehicle crash. Upon arrival he spoke with Turner, who stated that he lost control going around a curve, causing his vehicle to crash. Deputy Parsley observed an odor of alcohol coming from Turner during the conversation. He asked Turner to perform a series of field sobriety test to which he performed poorly, according to the deputy’s report. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date is Dec. 6.
• Keith Abraham McMackins, 1261 Tassey Road, Readyville, was charged with driving while license suspended on Sept. 29 by Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Steve McMillen. McMackins was stopped by Deputy McMillen on Center Hill Rd. for a broken tail light. A check of McMackin’s license showed it to be suspended. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is Nov. 1.
• Cannon County Sheriff’s Deputy Matthew Parsley was dispatched to Stones River Road on Oct. 1 in reference to a vehicle in the river. Upon arrival the deputy discovered a 2002 Toyota Corolla had been driven into the dry creek bed. It was further discovered there was no one around the vehicle and that all the windows had been broken out and the insides had been removed. Pelham’s Wrecker Service was called to retrieved the vehicle.