Stolen Bulldozer Among Incidents Investigated By CCSO, WPD
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:37 pm
Following are the latest arrest and incident reports as recorded by the Cannon County Sheriff's Department and the Woodbury Police Department. Readers are advised that an allegation or report of a crime does not necessarily constitute a crime, or that one took place. All persons accused of crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
WPD Incidents for 03.10.2010
• Clayton Adams was charged with Financial Responsibility Law and Driving on a Revoked License after being pulled over by Sergeant John House on 03.10.2010.
• Brian Thomas Cauthon Jr. was charged with No Motorcycle License and Financial Responsibility after being stopped by Officer Tracey Stoetzel on 03.07.2010.
• Amy Jo Naylor was charged with Driving on a Revoked License after after being stopped by Sergeant Kevin Mooneyham on Old Murfreesboro Road on 03.06.2010.
CCSO Incidents for 03.10.2010
• Deputy Steve McMillen responded to an unwanted guest at 2291 Pea Ridge Road on 03.01.2010. There Barry Bynum stated that Vickie Marsh had been at his house cursing at him and making threats. Marsh had also been at Bynum's landlord's house and had attacked Bynum with a walking cane and made threats against Bynum and his family. On 03.04.2010 Deputy McMillen served a warrant on Vickie Marsh for Aggravated Assault at the CCSO.
• Deputy Brandon Mimms responded to a theft that had already occurred at 281 Billy West Road on 03.01.2010. There Charles Howland reported that several things were missing from his house including the backside roof (approx. 16 large sheets of metal), A/C units, and a wooden well house. Mr. Howland named two individuals who had been interested in purchasing wood and metal from his other properties. The approximate value of the missing items is $3000. On 03.02.2010 Deputy Mimms contacted several area scrap yards about the items but none reported coming into contact with the described materials.
• Deputy Matthew Parsley was dispatched on 03.02.2010 to the area of Rivendell Road and Towers Lane for a suspicious vehicle. Dispatch described a vehicle driving recklessly without headlights that was now stopped in the road. Deputy Parsley found a vehicle matching the description and approached the two subjects inside for questioning. There he found Donny Guinn and Michael Bogle highly intoxicated and continuing to drink in the vehicle. The men reported that they had been drinking all day and had just gotten back from purchasing more alcohol. They were arrested and booked with Public Intoxication charges. The homeowner at 47 Towers Lane wished the vehicle to be removed and the next scheduled wrecker was notified.
• Deputy Reed Bryson was dispatched to 2104 Bradyville Road for an assault that had already occurred on 03.03.2010. On his way out of the CCSO, Eric and Dustin Reed approached deputies Randy Neal and Reed Bryson saying they had been assaulted. Deputy Neal stayed at the CCSO to speak with the Reeds while Deputy Bryson went to Bradyville to speak with Mr. Tate Falduto, a private insurance investigator who was working a claim held by Eric Reed. Mr. Falduto had driven past the Reed household on Lassiter Road and decided to drive around for a few minutes before approaching. As he drove past another Reed residence on Bradyville Road he noticed the Reed subjects behind him in a car. He pulled over to let them pass but they stopped with him. The Reeds were concerned about Mr. Falduto's suspicious driving due to recent burglaries in the area and asked what he was doing around their homes, Mr. Falduto said they knew who he was. An altercation ensued wherein Dustin Reed punched Mr. Falduto after Falduto backed into Eric Reed. Initially neither party wished to seek charges but on 03.05.2010 Detective Charlie Wilder spoke with Mr. Falduto and he expressed a desire to obtain an arrest warrant.
• Deputies Tommy Barker and Patrick Fann responded to a tractor trailer blocking Highway 146 on the morning of 03.01.2010. Operator Robert McCallister explained that he had taken a turn too sharply and the rear wheels of the trailer had gone into the ditch. C&S Wrecker Company was already en route from Warren Co. so deputies set up their vehicles and redirected traffic until they arrived.
• Deputies Brandon Gullett and Matt Parsley assisted DeKalb County in recovering a stolen safe that on 03.06.2010. After a while of searching, the safe was eventually found at the end of Sally Parton Road and released over to DeKalb County Deputy # 507.
• Deputy McMillen took an incident report at Short Mountain Store regarding a vehicle leaving the road and striking a mailbox. Operator Neal Adcox had just gotten off third shift on 03.06.2010 and was on his way to a friend's house when he became sleepy and ran off the road into Andy and Sherry Gay's mailbox. Adcox apologized to the couple and paid for their new mailbox.
• Albert Summers served a Capias warrant on Willie Eugene Farless on 03.07.2010 in the CCSO without incident.
• Albert Summers served a Violation of Probation warrant on Micah Steffen Blair on 03.07.2010 in the CCSO without incident.
• Deputy Reed Bryson spoke with Carl Poss at the CCSO about a bulldozer being stolen from his property at 1993 Big Hill Road. Mr. Case had found the bulldozer missing on 03.06.2010 when he went to the property. There were tracks where the dozer had been loaded into what looked like a 3/4 ton truck with a trailer and ramps. The dozer was customized in several ways by Mr. Poss including a homemade cab and a water pump that was not exactly correct. A number of vertical welds were made on the blade of the dozer. Neither Pelham's nor Ivy Bluff reported anyone bringing in a bulldozer.
• Deputy Randy Neal spoke with Billy Jakes on 03.08.2010 about a break in that had already occurred. Jakes reported that among other small items his cook stove and his Chevy Avalanche were missing. A full inventory of missing items was taken and the vehicle was entered into NCIC.
• Deputy Reed Bryson was dispatched to 866 Frank Holt Road for a vandalism on 03.08.2010. The home's caretaker Casey Rogers had arrived and noticed three windows busted out when he called the owner Leslie Giley. Giley stated the last tenants had moved out in December. The front door was busted in, the house was completely trashed inside, a snake had been killed in the house, and the big screen TV was missing. Various appliances and fixtures were damaged. Mr. Giley did have insurance on the house and he was advised to notify the CCSO if anything else was found missing after the initial report.
• Deputies Eric Moss and Patrick Fann were notified that Tiffany Cross was at 297 Eugene Road and had an active warrant in Rutherford County on 03.08.2010. The deputies approached the house and found the back door slightly ajar. They knocked and announced themselves but got no reply. Deputy Fann entered the home and found a woman who notified them of Ms. Cross's presence. Ms. Cross was taken into custody and transported to the Rutherford County line where she was met by a Rutherford Deputy.