Son Charged With Threatening Mom
Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:30 am
The Cannon County Sheriff’s Department recently arrested a man for allegedly making threats against his mother.
Deputy Brandon Mims responded to 3907 Dickens Hill Rd. on Jan. 29 for a welfare check and unwanted guest. Upon his arrival, Detective Young and Sheriff Darrell Young were already at the location. Mary Smotherman told Deputy Mims that every time Glenn Smotherman (her son) gets drunk he tells her that if she doesn’t leave him alone he would hit her. She said her son had made several treats to her that evening. Mary Smotherman said her son has never hit her, but she was fearful that he would from the treats he was making. Glenn Smotherman was charged with domestic violence. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date is March 1.
The other recent law enforcement activities:
• Deputy Matthew Parsley responded to 57 River Bend Drive on Feb. 1 in reference to theft from a vehicle. He spoke with Nancy Youngblood, who stated she noticed a black projector missing from her vehicle. Youngblood valued the projection at $2,000. Extra patrol was arranged for the area.
• Deputy Brandon Gullett served a Capias warrant in the booking room of the Cannon County Jail on Angela Marie Trisler on Feb. 1 for failure to appear in General Session Court in Cannon County.
• Deputy Matthew Parsley responded to the sheriff’s office on Feb. 1 to speak with a complainant about a stolen tag. The deputy was informed by Ronald Cole that he sold a vehicle to someone who claimed to be a TBI agent. Cole also stated that after the possible TBI agent purchased the vehicle he asked him if he could borrow the tag to get home and would return it later. Cole agreed and the possible TBI agent left. Cole said it had been a month and his tag has not been returned. Cole was advised the incident was a breach of trust matter but a report would be filed.
• Deputy Lawrence Avera cited Thomas Wade Reed, 7553 Hollow Springs Rd., Bradyville, with failure to provide proof of insurance after Reed was involved in a crash on Hollow Springs Rd. on Jan. 31. Initial court date is March 1.
• Deputy Matthew Parsley responded to 855 Geedsville Rd. on Jan. 31 in reference to a neighbor dispute. He spoke with Mark Seybold, who stated Michelle Sullivan and a man named Shane Kristy had trespassed on an encroachment and easements of Mr. Seybold’s property and planted trees in the drainage area. Seybold was advised to seek legal counsel.
• Deputy Eric Moss served Ernest Shane Bogle, 208 S. Dillon St., Woodbury, on Jan. 30 with arrest warrants for criminal impersonation and unlawful use of blue lights at the Cannon County Sheriff’s Dept. Bogle was turned over to booking.