Smokin' In The Boy's Room Brings Charges
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:32 pm
A Woodbury youth was charged recently with smoking an illegal substance in a restroom at the local high school.
Austin Cole Heath, 3952 Burt Bergen Rd., Woodbury, was charged with possession of synthetic marijuana (K2) and possession of drug paraphernalia by School Resource Officer, Sgt. John House of the Woodbury Police Dept., on Feb. 15. Health was caught allegedly smoking the synthetic marijuana using a glass pipe in a restroom at Cannon County High School. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is March 22.
• Timothy D. Meeks, 1306 Allen Ave., Murfreesboro, was charged with driving on a revoked license, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a Schedule IV drug on Feb. 13 by Woodbury Patrolman Patrick Fann. Meeks was arrested in the parking lot of Quick Shop Market. He told Patrolman Fann he was going down South McCrary St. trying to get his girlfriend back into the vehicle. Patrolman Fann discovered a syringe while searching Meeks after the stop. The officer also alleges that Meeks spit a green pill (Colonazapan) on the ground and dropped another one. Total bond was set at $5,000. Initial court date is March 29. During a Terry frisk of the car’s owner, Laura Hedgepath, 1804 Mars St., LaVergne, Patrolman Fann discovered a morphine capsule in a bottle in plain view in her boot. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date is March 29.
• Walter L. Bess, 680 Sunny Slope Rd., Woodbury, was charged with aggravated burglary and domestic assault on Feb. 12 by Woodbury Patrolman Patrick Fann. Bess allegedly entered the residence of the victim while she was asleep. When the victim woke up she found Bess in her house. When she tried to get him to leave Bess is alleged to have assaulted the victim by pushing her into a washer, causing visible injury to her back and marks to her neck area. Bond was set at $7,500. Initial court date is March 29.
• Candace Dawn Laxton, 120 England Lane, Woodbury, was charged with DUI, 1st offense, by Sgt. John House of the Woodbury Police Dept. on Feb. 16 following a traffic stop on W. Main St. She was also charged with violation of the implied consent law after refusing to take a blood test. Bond was set at $3,000. Initial court date is March 22.
• Misty C. Pickett, 888 Kirby Rd., McMinnville, was charged with simple possession of marijuana on Feb. 12 by Woodbury Police Sgt. John House following a traffic stop on West Main St. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is March 22.
• Michael Anthony Warner, 818 South McCrary St., Woodbury, was charged with simple possession of marijuana on Feb. 17 by Patrolman Chris Brown of the Woodbury Police Dept. Warner was transported to Stones River Hospital E/R for a possible overdose. At his residence, when emptying his pants, he pulled out a baggie of a green leafy substance. A test of the substance returned positive for marijuana. A release citation was issued. Initial court date is March 22.
• Justin R. Deaton, 180 McBroom St., Woodbury, was charged with driving on a revoked license, 7th offense, on Feb. 18 by Woodbury Patrolman Chris Brown following a traffic stop on W. Main St. Bond was set at $12,500. Initial court date is March 22.
• Shelia Rains, 917 Trail St., Woodbury, was charged with leaving the scene of a property damage accident on Feb. 14 by Woodbury Patrolman Lowell Womack. Rains was allegedly the driver of a vehicle involved in an accident causing property damage to a vehicle driven by Susanne Larson, and left the scene without giving her name, address and the registration number of the vehicle she was driving.