Smell Sends Most Woodbury Grammar School Students Home
Email Print

A strong odor in the building caused a majority of students at Woodbury Grammar School to go home Friday.

The odor was caused by fumes from varnish which had been applied Thursday night to the school's gymnasium floor, school officials said. The school recently experienced a leak which caused water damage to the floor.

Only about 100 of the school's nearly 500 students were still in school as of a little after 10 a.m. today, officials reported.

After the building's windows and doors had been open a few hours, most of the smell had dissipated, officials said.

According to one official, "the smell was so bad it could knock you down."

Share:
Members Opinions:
September 11, 2010 at 7:40am
Wondering why any of the students were allowed to stay in the building if the fumes were so bad? Seems to me a big health risk to the 100 children that stayed.

Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: