Sheriff's Deputies Arrest Hostile Headbanger
Wednesday, April 7, 2010 4:51 pm
CCSO Incident Reports
Deputy Brandon Gullett responded to a call from dispatch regarding a white Plymouth Neon en route from Smyrna to Cannon County on April 5, 2010. Gullett was advised that the male subject in the vehicle had warrants out in Trousdale Co. and was possibly in possession of a stolen firearm.
Gullett made contact with the vehicle and a male passenger darted out and ran. Gullett apprehended the subject as he attempted to jump a fence. Michael Duane Perryman was placed into custody and a search was performed of the vehicle and the driver, Grace Butcher was questioned.
Perryman repeatedly banged his head against the patrol unit window and Gullett sprayed him with fox spray after giving a warning.
Perryman was taken to Stones River Hospital after complaining of chest pains but he refused treatment and had to be restrained by Gullett and other officers.
He was eventually taken to CCSO and booked for disorderly conduct, public intoxication, and evading arrest. He was placed on suicide watch due to his self-destructive behavior. Trousdale Co. also placed a hold on Mr. Perryman.
He was released on $2500 and is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court on May 4.
• Charlotte Louise Anderson turned herself in at the CCSO to Deputy Anthony Young for violation of probation on March 30, 2010. She was released on ROR.
• Deputy Anthony Young responded to a citizen complaint of dogs at large on March 30, 2010 at 819 Simpson Road. There Mike Patterson explained that the neighbor's dogs had been tearing up his garbage and making a mess. Patterson was advised he could seek a criminal summons and Young went and spoke with the neighbors.
• Deputy Brandon Mimms responded to 11088 Jim Cummings Hwy. for vandalism to mailboxes. The young lady, Hailey Williams, who had hit a few mailboxes there said her father would return to take care of it and he did.
• Deputies Brandon Gullett, Brandon Mimms, Matt Parsley and Detective Charlie Wilder busted a rolling methamphetamine lab on March 31, 2010. Passengers Jeremy D Thomas, Thomas Clay Davis, Jesse Lance Scott, and Joseph P Brinkley were charged in the case.
• Deputy Patrick Fann was notified by dispatch of a motorcycle theft in progress on March 31, 2010. The bike's owner was chasing thieves down Hwy. 53, but returned home after they chasing them for a while and they backed into his vehicle. The bike had been dumped in the owner's yard as the suspects drove off. Raymond Sherrick reported that the men had drove off in a Yellow 1980's Chevrolet Truck.
• Deputy Randy Neal took a report on March 31, 2010 from Lorene Walker whose wallet had been stolen from her pocketbook.
• Deputy Tommy Barker took a report on fraudulent cashier's checks at 877 Turkey Branch Rd. on April 1, 2010. Damian Ayarzagoitia had received a UPS package with several cashier's checks and money orders that he had no knowledge of.
• Deputy Anthony Young was dispatched to Hollow Springs Road for a possible drunk driver in a stolen vehicle on April 2, 2010. While en route Young got a call that the vehicle had wrecked on Parker Hill Rd. Patrick McCullough was sitting on the tailgate when Young approached and noticed he was drunk. McCullough failed to perform adequately on field sobriety tests despite his initial enthusiasm. "Let's do this," he had said. Mr. McCullough also said he had taken the truck to get rid of it. He was charged with DUI and implied consent.
• Deputy Steve McMillen responded to a complaint of cows at large on April 3, 2010 at 193 Hoot Owl Lane. John Ellard explained that this was the fifth time the cows had been on his property and no one knew who owned them.
• Deputy Steve McMillen picked up James Dailey from the Rutherford Co. line and brought him to the CCSO where he was booked for violation of probation on April 3, 2010.
• Deputy Brandon Gullett arranged for an abandoned vehicle to be picked up on April 3, 2010.
• Deputy Steve McMillen mediated a vehicle repossession attempt in Auburntown on April 4, 2010. Timothy Early was attempting to repossess Rex Melton's truck. The two men were arguing intensely. Mr. Early did not have a writ of possession signed by a court so he was advised that he couldn't take it.
• Deputy Brandon Mimms picked up inmate Nathan Barnett at the Rutherford line and served him with a warrant and capias at the CCSO on April 3, 2010.
• On April 4, 2010 Deputies Brandon Mimms, Steve McMillen, and Anthony Young responded to a horse throwing off two people at 2789 Warren Road. Chad Young and Angel Farless were thrown off their horse after a motorcycle scared the horse. Ms. Farless was injured and taken to the hospital.
• Deputy Matt Parsley was parked at Grizzle-Gunter cemetery when he noticed a white male subject walking on April 4, 2010. He made contact and found that subject Bradley Wayne Ferrell had outstanding warrants in DeKalb Co. He was taken into custody for DeKalb to pick up.
• Deputies Brandon Gullett and Mimms mediated a dispute between motorist Richard Alex Robinson and homeowner Hugh Cobb on April 4, 2010. Robinson had run over a rock in the road and went to ask Cobb, whose house was decorated with similar rocks, if the rock was his. Cobb allegedly became infuriated and verbally assaulted Robinson. Cobb was also uncooperative with the deputies. Robinson decided to not press charges at the time, he wanted to go home and check the damage to his vehicle.
• Marijo Martinez served a warrant on Antonette Frattalone for violation of probation on March 27, 2010 at the CCSO.
• Reed Bryson responded to a theft of a mini barn from 4006 Stones River Road on April 5, 2010. Danny Brown's 10x16 mini barn had been stolen.
• Randy Neal took a report from Guy Alexander on April 5, 2010. His tenants had taken the washer, dryer, and refrigerator when they moved out.
• Deputy Reed Bryson responded to a theft at 2829 Hill Creek Road on April 5, 2010. Wayne Hoover explained that he came home to find two shotguns, two Xboxes, and a Nintendo Wii along with many games missing. There were no signs of forced entry.
• Gary T. Overcast served a warrant for worthless checks on Brittany N. Johns on April 4, 2010 at the CCSO.
• Gary T. Overcast served a warrant for Failure to Appear on Tammy J. Barrett on April 5, 2010 at the CCSO.
WPD Incident Reports
• Sergeant Kevin Mooneyham charged Herman Lee Dillard with driving on a suspended license on April 6, 2010 after pulling him over on W. Adams St.
• Sergeant Kevin Mooneyham responded to a theft from a Pin Oak Drive construction site on March 30, 2010. Eric Barber reported that hand tools in his basement had been stolen and one person of interest was identified.
• Sergeant John House charged Misty Nissa Rutledge with promotion of methamphetamine manufacture after she purchased rubber tubing and Shannon Cobble purchased Coleman fuel and lithium batteries. Cobble stated the items were to be traded for meth while Rutledge denied any involvement. This occurred on March 10, 2010.
• Sergeant John House charged Clarissa Hernandez with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of legend drugs without prescription on April 10, 2010. She was also charged with running a stop sign.
• Sergeant John House charged Zachary Robert Smith with unlicensed driving on April 10, 2010.
• Sergeant Kevin Mooneyham charged Joseph A. Harris and Andrew St. John Reid with underage consumption and/or possession of alcohol on April 2, 2010 after stopping them for no lights on boat trailer.
• Sergeant Kevin Mooneyham charged Zachary R. Wallen with driving on a suspended license and not wearing a seatbelt on April 2, 2010.
• Sergeant Kevin Mooneyham responded to a theft on April 6, 2010 that occurred two weeks prior at 507 Tilford Ct. David Perkins reported that someone broke into a locked room and stole two rings, leaving some damage to the doorframe.