Schools, Libraries Offer HELP For Parents
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:11 am
Have your children ever asked you for help with their homework or a project, and you didn’t have a clue how to help? We can HELP with that.
• Who? Cannon County Schools in collaboration with the Cannon County Library System
• What? To help you* help your children with schoolwork, every week we will discuss a topic that will help you understand how to help your children. Also, every week, we will work with you on any specific homework or project questions you and your children have.
• When? Beginning August 15 every Wednesday from 4:30 to 6. (Does not meet when schools are not in session.)
• Where? Dates and locations listed on back
• Why? To HELP you help your children succeed in school!
• Cost? FREE!
Questions? E-mail Nellie McCollum at email@example.com
Or Patti Chappell at firstname.lastname@example.org
*The HELP Program is for adults to help their children, so the parents/guardians must attend. NO children can attend the program unaccompanied.
Dates and Locations (All sessions are Wednesday from 4:30-6:00)
Students MUST be accompanied by parent/guardian. All county families are welcome at every school!
Goals, Online Resources, and Helping Your Child with Homework
Aug. 15 – Woodbury Grammar
Aug. 22 – Woodland Elementary
Aug. 29 – West Side Elementary
Sept. 5 – Short Mountain Elementary
Sept. 12 – East Side Elementary
Sept. 19 – Auburn Elementary
Sept. 26 – CCHS – How do I help my child prepare for the ACT?
What are Common Core Standards and why should I care?
Oct. 3 - Woodbury Grammar
Oct. 10 – Woodland Elementary
Oct. 24 – West Side Elementary
Oct. 31 – Short Mountain Elementary
Nov. 7 – East Side Elementary
Nov. 14 – Auburn Elementary
Nov. 28 – CCHS – How do I help my child go to college?
Dec. 5 – Location to be announced – Preview of the next half of the school year.
Dec. 12 – Location to be announced – Reading when School is Out, Celebration!