The Cannon County Board of Education will hold its regular monthly meeting Thursday at Short Mountain School.
Following are the items on the agenda released by the Central Office Monday. There will be a board workshop Tuesday to review the agenda at the Central Office.
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
April 8, 2010
Short Mountain School
Tour of science lab at Short Mt. School prior to the meeting.
1. Presentations to Cannon County Spelling Bee Winners. – 1 minute
2. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
3. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the March 9, 2010 Regular Meeting of the Board.
b. Approve field trips 701, 705, 708, 713, 719, 737, and 740
c. Approve Textbook Adoptions
4. Approve change in 2009-2010 school calendar to make up snow day. – 1 minute
5. Approve changes in 2010-2011 School Calendar. – 1 minute
6. Jim Gibbs to address the Board concerning Gang Resistance Education and Training. – 2 minutes
"I would like to address the School Board about a Department of Justice preventive program available to schools through a school – law enforcement relationship," Gibbs said. "The program is G.R.E.A.T. (Gang Resistance Education And Training)
"The G.R.E.A.T. Program is a school-based, law enforcement officer-instructed classroom curriculum. With prevention as its primary objective, the program is intended as an immunization against delinquency, youth violence, and gang membership.
"G.R.E.A.T. has developed partnerships with nationally recognized organizations and schools. These partnerships encourage positive relationships among the community, parents, schools, and law enforcement officers.
"G.R.E.A.T. lessons focus on providing life skills to students to help them avoid using delinquent behavior and violence to solve problems. The G.R.E.A.T. Program offers a continuum of components for students and their families."
7. Cindy Baines to address the Board concerning a parking ticket and Ag trip at CCHS. – 2 minutes
8. Approve Resolution # 2 to increase revenue and expenses for the Tools of the Mind Grant. - 2 minutes
9. Set date and time for negotiations with CCEA – 1 minute
10. Set date and time for Board workshop.- 1 minute
11. Approve Cannon County High School Redesign Proposal. – 3 minutes
12. Approve teachers eligible for tenure. – 2 minutes
13. Non-renew teachers. – 1 minute
14. Director’s Comments - 2 minutes
a. Financial Report (if available)
1. The Cannon County Commission will meet on April 17, 2010
15. The next Board Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, May 11 at 6 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, May 13 at Cannon County High School at 6 PM.
NOTE: Marcia Melton will address the Board concerning textbook money for technology. This is a workshop only item.
Retirements and Resignations
The following Teachers have elected to retire at the end of the 2009-2010 School Year:
Mr. Roger Turney
Mrs. Anita Arnold
Ms. Carylee Caputo
The following teachers have resigned their positions at the end of the 2009-2010 School Year:
Ms. Kerri Huffines
Mrs. Lauren Gregory
Tenure List 2010
East Side Elementary
Carolyn Joy Pope
Non-Tenured Teachers Not Rehired for 2010-2011