The persons who will serve as chairman and chairman pro-tem of the Cannon County Board of Education for the next year will be elected at the board's monthly meeting Thursday.
Bruce Daniel of District 3 is the current chairman.
This will be the first board meeting for newly-elected members Travis Turney of District 2 and Brian Elrod of District 5.
Nathan Sanders (District 1) and Javin Fann (District 4) also hold seats on the five-member board.
The chairman presides over meetings and works with the director of schools in setting the agenda.
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
September 13, 2018
Woodbury Grammar School Cafeteria
1. William F. Curtis, Director of Schools will assume the chair for the election of the Board chairman and chairman pro-tem -- 2 minutes
2. Approve Agenda -- 1 minute
3. Consent Agenda -- 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the August 9, August 16, 2018, and August 28, 2018 meetings of the Board
b. Approve bus trips #3324 and #3323
c. Declare technology equipment as surplus as recommended by Bryan Cofer
d. Approve coaches and practice schedules
4. Chris Blackburn will address the Board concerning using the Auburn School walking track area for a life flight landing zone for the Auburntown Volunteer Fire Dept. -- 3 minutes
5. Courtney Nichols will address the Board concerning changing graduation date from May 24 to May 17 -- 3 minutes
6. Courtney Nichols will address the Board concerning raising graduation requirements from 22 to 24 credits for the current freshman and sophomore classes -- 3 minutes
7. Approve finance reserve resolution #2 -- 2 minutes
8. Approve budget resolution #3 -- 2 minutes
9. Robert Guffey will address the Board concerning applying for a music grant -- 3 minutes
10. Bonnie Patterson will address the Board concerning applying for a Health Connect Grant for CCHS -- 3 minutes
11. Bonnie Patterson will address the Board concerning applying for a Loew's grant for CCHS -- 3 minutes
12. Consider CCEA's request for collaborative conferencing -- 3 minutes
13. Approve safety grant bids -- 4 minutes
14. Approve audit bid -- 2 minutes
15. Safety report -- 3 minutes (workshop only)
16. Director's Comments -- 2 minutes
a. Financial Report
b. Update on K-2 report cards (workshop only)
The next Regular Board Meeting Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 6:30 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 6:30 at Woodbury Grammar School