Items ranging from safe routes to school to a practice football field at Cannon County High School are on the agenda for the the Thursday (Feb. 10) meeting of the Cannon County Board of Education.
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
February 10, 2011
Woodland K-PE SMART demonstration.
Presentation of Spelling Bee Winnners
1. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
2. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the January 13, 2011 meeting of the Board
b. Approve Bus Trips 1007, 1008, 1009, 1010, and 1012
c. Approve Phillip Walkup as a non-faculty assistant soccer coach
d. Approve Mike Vassar as a non-faculty WGS baseball assistant coach
e. Approve WGS Baseball Schedule
f. Approve surplus items – 15 to 20 media carts
3. Approve use of Veterans Gym for indoor practice for CCHS baseball. – 2 minutes
4. Approve prioritized list of make-up snow days. – 2 minutes
5. Approve company to handle the bid process for replacing CCHS cooling tower. – 3 minutes (more information will be handed out at the Board meeting.)
6. Coach Joel Schrenk will address the Board concerning a practice football field at CCHS. – 4 minutes
7. Connie Foster and Lisa Black will discuss the Safe Routes to School Grant. – 3 minutes
8. Director’s Comments. – 3 minutes
a. Financial Report and Capital Outlay Report
b. Updates/Announcements – TSBA Day on the Hill, February 22, 2011
TSBA Law Seminar, March 25, 2011
Senior Center use of Veterans Gym
9. Chairman’s Comments. – 2 minutes
a. The CCEA has given the Board a letter of intent to negotiate for the 2011-2012 school year.
10. The next Board Meeting Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 6 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 6 PM at Auburn School.