New rules dealing with dress codes and the destruction of school property at Cannon County High School will be considered by the Cannon County Board of Education when it meets Thursday night (July 8).
The board is also being asked to approve cross-county and track as sports at the high school.
CCHS Principle Tim Knox included the following in his request to be on the agenda:
"I was wanting to have a couple of changes made to CCHS handbook approved by the board at the July 8 meeting:
1. Dress Code Change - the old rule in regards to holes in pants was "no holes above the knees." We would like to change the new rule to read "no holes allowed in pants or shorts. Any pants/shorts with holes would have to be patched before wearing them to school. Wearing pants to school with tape over holes is not considered a patch. Frayed spots in pants must not reveal skin or undergarments.
2. Dress Code Change - the old rule states in regards to skirts/dresses/shorts: "no higher than 3 inches above the knees." We would like to change the rule to read: "Skirts/dresses/shorts must not come higher than 3 inches above the knee. This regulation still applies if the student is wearing leggings, tights, etc. underneath the garment."
3. On dismissal from school: "Students must leave the school building by 3:00 unless under the direct supervision of a staff member."
4. On damage to school property: "Students who destroy, deface, or damage, property belonging to the school or staff will make full restitution and or face further disciplinary action including suspension and court citation."
The full agenda for Thursday's meeting follows:
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
July 8, 2010
Cannon County Courthouse
1. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
2. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the June 10, 2010 Regular Meeting of the Board.
b. Approve field trips 700, 796, 797, 798, and 799.
c. Approve cross-country and track as sports at CCHS.
d. Approve use of girls CCHS basketball team’s uniforms/practice jerseys for 16 and under girls AAU tournament.
3. Approve Bus Bids. – 5 minutes
4. Alice Parker will make a presentation to the board regarding progress on Transition Planning for students with disabilities. – 5 minutes
5. CCHS Principal Tim Knox will address the Board on rule changes for the CCHS Handbook. – 5 minutes
6. Jr. Lions Football - Jamboree update. – 2 minutes
7. Discussion of maintenance fee for use of CCHS football field. – 3 minutes
8. Discussion of Ag Enhancement Grant. – 3 minutes
9. Director’s Comments - 2 minutes
a. Financial Report
10. Board Chairman announcements – 1 minute
a. Workshop for Director’s performance evaluation
b. TSBA Leadership Conference and annual convention
c. TSBA Fall District Meeting
11. The next Board Meeting Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 6 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, August 12 at 6 PM at the Cannon County Courthouse.