School Board OKs Senior Trip Conduct, Eligibility Rules
Tuesday, March 9, 2010 8:49 pm
• Approved the Cannon County High School Senior Trip Rules of Conduct and Eligibility Rules.
• Approved West Side School applying for an HCA Foundation grant to be used for Promethean ActivBoards, ceiling mounted projectors, ActivSlate boards and installation for each classroom. The grant amount being request is $28,444.84.
• Approved Jr. Lions football coaches and assistant coaches, for spring practice only. They are head coach Randy Farnsworth and assistants John Robinson, Chris Robinson, Brad Hall, A.J. Matthews and Bernie Berniger.
• Approved the installation of a chain link fence at East Side School to create a barrier between the outside basketball court and Manustown Road. The fence will be paid for out of school funds.
• Approved various field trips and a copier lease for Short Mountain School.
Also at the meeting, Director of Schools Barbara Parker presented certificates of recognition to CCHS teacher Ken Curtis, who the Tennessee Council for the Social Studies has named as one of the Tennessee Outstanding Social Studies Teachers of the Year for 2010 and to Marcia Melton, Cannon County Supervisor of Instruction, was has been selected as the Upper Cumberland Supervisor of the Year.
Melton will compete with other Regional Supervisors of the Year, and the winner will be announced at the annual Tennessee Annual LEADership Conference in Nashville, September 20-22, 2010.
The next school board meeting will be held April 8 at Short Mountain School. A board workshop will be held April 6. Also, there will be a school board retreat March 29.