The Woodbury Board of Mayor and Aldermen will discuss at its meeting Tuesday night whether to limit the number and frequency of roadblocks.
Many of the community's youth sports and civic organizations use roadblocks, usually on Main St., as fundraising events.
Mayor Harold Patrick says he has received complaints that there are too many of them each year and that they are impeding traffic through town.
The full agenda for Tuesday's meeting follows:
TOWN OF WOODBURY
BOARD OF MAYOR AND ALDERMEN
JULY 3, 2012
• Call to order
• Roll Call
• Public Hearing regarding Ordinance No. 444, an ordinance to amend the zoning ordinance of the Town of Woodbury, Tennessee to delete references to residential year yard setbacks in the C-3 Commercial zoning district within the zoning ordinance.
• Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 444 on second and final reading.
• Public Hearing regarding Ordinance No. 445, an ordinance amending the original budget ordinance for the Town of Woodbury, Tennessee for the fiscal year 2011-2012.
• Consider adoption of Ordinance No. 445 on second and final reading.
• Consider adoption of an ordinance to amend the 2006 Edition of the International Building Code for the Town of Woodbury, as recommended by the State of Tennessee. (First Reading)
• Discuss proposal from Unison Site Management
• Discuss roadblock permits within the Town of Woodbury
• Other business
• Reports from Mayor, Committees, and Department Heads