Recent Arrests Mostly Involve DUI, DORL and DOSL
Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:50 am
A majority of arrests made recently by law enforcement officers with the Woodbury Police Department and Cannon County Sheriff's Department were for driving while on the influence, driving on a revoked license and driving on a suspended license.
• Kayla Rena Sanders, 705 Meadows Dr., Lebanon, was charged with DUI 1st offense by WPD Sgt. John House following a traffic stop on Gassaway Rd. Hwy. 53N. Bond was set at $2,500. Initial court date was set for Oct. 12.
• Zach Smith, 1296 Finnie Simmons Rd., Woodbury, was charged with driving without a license on Sept. 15 by WPD Ptl. Chris Brown. Initial court date is set for Oct. 26.
• Christopher A. Hoover, 2244 East Trimble Rd., MIlton, was charged with driving on a revoked license 3rd offense, no proof of insurance and improper use of vehicle registration on Sept. 15 by WPD Ptl. Chris Brown following a stop of Hoover's vehicle on West Main St. Bond was set at $1,500. Initial court date is Oct. 26.
• Johnnie R. Hancock, 5160 Pea Ridge Rd., Liberty, was charged with driving on a revoked license 8th offense, and violation of the seat belt and registration laws on Sept. 20 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Tommy Barker. "While working traffic on an injury accident at the 1000 block of Pea Ridge, Johnnie Hancock slammed on his brakes, sliding to a stop in front of me," Deputy Barker states in his report. "I did observe Mr. Hancock not wearing his seat belt. When I asked Mr. Hancock for his license he advised me that it was suspended or revoked." Initial court date for Hancock is set for Nov. 2.
• Tammy Renee Southers, 129 Sunny Slope Rd., Woodbury, was charged with DUI, simple possession of Schedule VI drugs, possession of a Legend drug without a prescription, and possession of drug paraphernalia on Sept. 16. Southers was stopped on South McCrary St. by WPD Ptl. John Fesmire for suspicion of not wearing a seat belt. Fesmire reported that Southers' eyes were bloodshot and she failed to perform field sobriety tests to his satisfaction. She was also found to be in possession of marijuana and a "one-hitter" pipe. Bond was set at $7,100. Initial court date was set for Oct. 12.
• Lonnie Marie Atnip, 140 Meadowbrook Dr., Woodbury, was charged with driving on a suspended license on Sept. 17 by Cannon County Sheriff's Detective Matt Goney. Det. Goney stopped Atnip on Jim Cummings Hwy. 53S after he noticed the vehicle she was driving had expired tags. Initial court date is Nov. 9.
• Jeffery Dwayne Nichols, 213 East High St., Woodbury, was charged with domestic assault by WPD Sgt. John House following an incident which took place on Sept. 18. Bond was set at $1,000. Initial court date was set for Oct. 12.
• Donnie Nunley was served a warrant by Gary Overcast on Sept. 11 charging him with harassment. The warrant was sworn out by Robin Campbell for an incident which allegedly took place on Oct. 3, 2008.
• Kenneth F. Anderson, 3332 Espy Rd., Bradyville, was charged with theft over $500 on Sept. 15 on a warrant taken out by Doxie Duane Sissom, 7370 Germantown Rd., Middletown, OH. Sissom stated to Cannon County Sheriff's Dept. Deputy Anthony Young that he has a rental house at 3332 Epsy Road which he rented to Kenneth Anderson. Sissom stated that Anderson moved out and when he did he took several items from the residence, including tables, chairs, a well pump and lawn mowers. Bond was set at $2,000. Initial court date is Oct. 5.
• Regina Ann Smith, 840 U.S. 411 SE, Ranger, GA, was charged with simple possession and possession of drug paraphernalia on Sept. 14 by Cannon County Sheriff's Dept. Det. James Davis. Det. Davis reported he found a marijuana "roach" in a cigarette pack in Smith's vehicle and a roach clip. Initial court date is set for Nov. 9.
• Julie Jeanea Cope, 126 Gassaway Road, Woodbury, was charged with violation of the financial responsibility law on Sept. 17 by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Reed Bryson after she was involved in a property damage accident. Initial court date is set for Oct. 19.