Ram Tough: Smith Faces DUI, Reckless Endangerment Charges
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:53 pm
A George Scott Road resident who was recently charged with public intoxication and filing a false report again finds himself in trouble with the law.
Donald (Donnie) Wayne Smith, 286 George Scott Rd., Woodbury, was charged with DUI, reckless endangerment and violation of the implied consent law by Cannon County Sheriff's Deputy Reed Bryson on Sept. 19.
According to the arrest warrant for DUI taken out Deputy Bryson, Smith was "involved in a property damage accident while under the influence of an intoxicant and/or drugs and had a strong odor of intoxicant about his person. He was found to be in the driver's seat of a 1995 Ford F-150."
The warrant for reckless endangerment states Smith "operated a motor vehicle on a public road recklessly. He did ram a blue Ford truck several times on George Scott Road, causing the two subjects in the vehicle to fear imminent bodily injury or death.
Smith was given a medical release citation. Initial court date on the newest charges is set for Oct. 12.
In other recent law enforcement incidents:
• Tina M. Prater, 637 Pinegar Road, Manchester, was charged with driving on a revoked license 1st offense and failure to use due care and caution on Sept. 24 by Trooper Ronnie Simmons of the Tennessee Highway Patrol following a one-vehicle accident on Jim Cummings Hwy. Bond was set at $1,000. Initial court date is Oct. 26.
• Robert Daniel Burnett, 2801 Cavender Rd., Woodbury, was charged with improper passing, expired registration and not having a wheel tax sticker following a traffic stop on Old Miurfreesboro Road by CCSD Deputy Eric Moss on Sept. 26. Initial court date is Oct. 19.
• Harley Don Brown, 118 Stage Road Manor, Woodbury, was charged with underage consumption of alcohol by CCSD Det. James Davis on Sept. 21. Bond was set at $250. Initial court date is Nov. 9.
• Corey Lee Crawford Young, 1023 Cavendar Branch Road, Woodbury, was charged with underage consumption of alcohol on Sept. 21 by CCSD Det. James Davis. Initial court date is Nov. 9. In a separate case from August, Young is to appear in court on Oct. 5 on charges of Initiating the Process to Manufacture Methamphetamine, Maintain Dwelling for Use/Keep/Resale Controlled Substance, Criminal Trespass.
• Phillip Justin Dinova, 506 Davis St., Smithville, was charged with driving on a suspended license on Sept. 23 by Woodbury Police Dept. Sgt. Kevin Mooneyham following a traffic stop on John Bragg Hwy. Initial court date is Nov. 9.
• Ronnie Joe Stafford Jr., 1416 Birch St., Shelbyville, was charged with driving an unregistered vehicle on Sept. 25 by CCSD Brandon Mims. Initial court date is set for Nov. 23.
• Stacy Lane Sanders, 263 Seven Springs Rd., McMinnville, was charged with speeding (80/55) by WPD Patrolman Chris Brown on Sept. 24. Initial court date is set for Oct. 26.