NASHVILLE – Jobseekers in Rutherford and neighboring middle Tennessee counties are invited to apply to Yates Services, LLC, for positions located at Nissan’s Vehicle Assembly Plant in Smyrna. The job fair will take place this Saturday, April 16, 2011, at the Murfreesboro Career Center, 1313 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
“We’re pleased to assist Yates Services in recruiting people for these automotive positions,” said state Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Karla Davis. “These are well-paying jobs, and the company plans to hire for numerous warehouse and production support positions during the next year and a half.”
Position openings are for Production Support and Warehousing. Applicants must score minimum levels on the Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) assessment, issued by the ACT, which measures applied mathematics, locating information, and reading for information.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a valid driver’s license (any state) and second form of ID
• Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check (no felony convictions)
• Must be able to pass a thorough drug screen (zero tolerance)
• Must have at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Production Support – Must have at least two years of previous component assembly experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment reflected on résumé or application
• Warehouse operators - Must have at least two years of previous fork lift experience in a warehouse environment reflected on résumé or application
Yates Services, LLC, is a local company that has provided 25 years of Industrial Maintenance and Warehousing Services to Nissan North America. Yates offers progressive pay opportunities, depending upon positions, from $11.25 to $18.50 per hour.
Screening will take place in the Murfreesboro Career Center as well as on three Career Coaches that will be onsite for the event. The Coaches, which were announced by Governor Bill Haslam last week, are mobile Career Centers with computer workstations that will facilitate the application process.