Local Businessman Enters County Executive Race
Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:12 pm
A local business owner picked up petition papers Thursday morning from the Cannon County Election Office in a bid to qualify for the county executive race. He was among five persons to pick up papers Thursday.
George "Ronnie" Pittman, owner of Fine Swine Bar-B-Cue, becomes the fourth person to enter the field of prospective candidates for the top job in county government.
Also showing interest in various races Thursday were:
• Jason Pittman, Road Commissioner, District 2.
• Russell Paschal, Constable, District 1.
• Marilyn Bloodworth, County Commission, District 1.
• Bob Stoetzel, County Commission, District 5.
So far a total of 42 persons had requested and received petitions from the Election Commission Office to run in the General Election in August. In addition to those previously list, they are:
• Kim Bailey, County Executive.
• Mike Gannon, County Executive.
• Rebekah Parton, County Executive.
• Ronnie Pittman, County Executive.
• Dotty Duggin, County Trustee.
• James Maxwell, County Trustee.
• Michael D. Nichols, County Trustee.
• Brenda Witty, County Trustee.
• Bobby Smith, County Court Clerk.
• Chris Blackburn, School Board, 2nd District.
• Roy Parker, School Board, 5th District.
• Howard Mike Grosch, County Sheriff.
• Billy Nichols, County Sheriff.
• Darrell Young, County Sheriff.
• Clarence Mark Barker, County Commission, 1st District.
• Nathan Nichols, County Commission, 1st District.
• Anna Pittman, County Commission, 1st District.
• James Russell Reed, County Commission, 1st District.
• Karen Ashford, County Commission, 2nd District.
• Todd Hollandsworth, County Commission, 2nd District.
• Kevin George, County Commission, 3rd District.
• Greg Rigsby, County Commission, 3rd District
• Neal Applebaum, County Commission, 4th District
• Joe Wimberly, County Commission, 4th District.
• Gregory Fauls, County Commission, 5th District
• James Jones, County Commission, 5th District.
• Kevin Mooneyham, County Commission, 5th District
• Paul Nickerson, County Commission, 5th District.
• Debbie Morris, Register of Deeds.
• Greg S. Mitchell, Register of Deeds.
• Lynne Foster, Circuit Court Clerk.
• Donnie Morris, Circuit Court Clerk
• Jim Gibbs, Constable 1st District.
• Tom Ganoe, Constable, 2nd District.
• Kevin Duncan, Constable, 3rd District.
• Adam Melton, Constable, 5th District.
The General Election is scheduled for Aug. 5. The deadline to turn in qualifying petitions is April 1 at noon.
The Election Commission Office issued a clarification to the effect that persons who are seeking signatures for their petitions running for school board, county commissioner or road commission must obtain signatures must obtain signatures from persons who live in the district seat for which they are running.