Kickoff: School Board Agenda Features Sports Items
Monday, August 9, 2010 1:44 pm
Three items pertaining to sports matters on are the agenda for this Thursday's meeting of the Cannon County Board of Education s it kicks off the new school year.
One is whether to approve a proposed maintenance fee for use of the field at Cannon County High School. A second is a request by Bill Parsley to address the board about the sports complex at CCHS. The Board will also be asked to approve the Football Boosters Club selling Gold Passes.
The complete agenda for the meeting follow. The Board will hold a workshop Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the Central Office to review the agenda.
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
August 12, 2010
Cannon County Courthouse
Recognition of Junior and Senior Beta Club accomplishments
1. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
2. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the July 8, 2010 Regular Meeting of the Board.
b. Approve BOE credit card.
c. Approve School Complaint Managers.
d. Approve leave for Rhonda Martin.
e. Approve Pre-K Budget.
f. Approve Extended Contract Activities.
g. Approve Charlie Bowman for non-faculty girls' soccer coach.
3. Elect delegates to the TSBA Convention. – 2 minutes
4. Appoint Chief Negotiator for the Board. – 1 minute
5. Name management team. – 1 minute
6. Approval of 9-week grading periods and discussion of 3-week progress reports. – 3 minutes
7. Approval of Standards Based Report cards. – 2 minutes
8. Approval of West Side Awning. – 2 minutes
9. Approval of Football Boosters sale of Gold Passes. – 2 minutes
10. Approval of field maintenance fee at CCHS. – 3 minutes
11. Approval of Security Vestibule Bid. – 3 minutes
12. Bill Parsley to address the Board concerning the sports complex. – 5 minutes
13. Policy Changes: 3.206 & 6.312. – 4 minutes
14. Approval of revised GP Budget. – 3 minutes
15. Director’s Comments - 2 minutes
a. Financial Report
16. Director’s Evaluation. – 10 minutes
17. Chairman of the Board Comments. – 2 minutes
18. The next Board Meeting Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 6 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 6 PM. The location is to be determined.