The Cannon County Board of Education will consider Gaylon Sissom for the position of Head Softball Coach when it meets Thursday.
CCHS Principal Tim Knox had recomended Sissom for the job.
"Gaylon Sissom has been a part of Cannon County Athletics for several years and has also served as a non-faculty coach for our high school in two sports - girl’s basketball and softball. Coach Sissom was an assistant girls basketball coach for three seasons (03-04, 04-05,05-06) and also was an assistant for softball three seasons (08,09,11)," Knox wrote in a letter to the Board.
"I have had the opportunity to work with Coach Sissom during these years and his knowledge of softball and basketball is excellent. Coach Sissom also understands coaching, mentoring, and how to run a successful and winning program," Knox added.
"Because he has five years of successful non-faculty coaching experience at a TSSAA member school, he is eligible to be a head coach in any TSSAA member school’s athletic department. When Brent Bush was named Head Football Coach at Cannon County this year, he resigned his position of Head Softball Coach leaving a vacancy. None of our current faculty members have expressed a desire to coach the team.
"Coach Sissom has expressed his desire to lead the softball program here at CCHS. It did not take long for Coach Dodgen and myself to get excited about him taking on the position. We have full confidence in his ability to lead the program and manage the particulars that go along with it. Coach Sissom is fully qualified and TSSAA certified to lead the program. We are asking that the board approve Gaylon Sissom as Head Softball Coach for the 2012-2013 season."
CANNON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
July 12, 2012
Woodbury Grammar School
1. Approve Agenda. – 1 minute
2. Consent Agenda – 1 minute
a. Approve the minutes of the June 7, 2012 and June 21, 2012 meetings of the Board
b. Approve Gaylon Sissom as CCHS Head Softball Coach
3. Approve Pre K budget and application for 2012-2013 School Year. – 3 minutes
4. Approve IDEA budget and application for the 2012-2013 School Year. – 3 minutes
5. Gary Whitworth to address the Board concerning the transfer of his child to WGS (annual review). – 2 minutes
6. Director’s Evaluation and Contract. – 4 minutes
7. Director’s Comments. – 3 minutes
a. Financial Report (if available)
8. Chairman’s Comments. – 2 minutes
a. Fall District Meeting
b. Recessed meeting
c. Commissioner’s meeting
9. The next Board Meeting Workshop will be at the Central Office on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 6 PM. The next Regular Board Meeting will be Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6 PM at Woodbury Grammar School.